Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Right equipment for the job

Scorpio on 12 Jun 2014 - host86-140-186-88.range86-140.btcentralplus.com
Hi folks,

I'm not looking to kick off a new pastime here, though I guess anything's possible. I'm looking for some straight forward advice on the correct equipment to support some upcoming tasks.

I have a property that sits atop a ravine. In many places, with careful selection of footing, it's possible to get a fair way down the ravine; in other places it's a vertical drop. The property is in the tropics and is covered in jungle. I'd like to be able to safely maintain some of this jungle. This means periodically, going down the ravine and cutting back some of the growth and at times removing unwanted trees. I'd prefer to be roped for my own peace of mind and to allow me to deal with some of the steeper sections in safety. I may also at some point decide to build a walkway along a section of the ravine and this would involve being on a rope and digging footings for the walkway and fitting sections to the footings. It would be nice to also have the option of going up some of the bigger trees (much like tree surgeons do).

My experience is limited to some basic work that I did in the army many years ago, and about all I have these days is a basic knowledge of some equipment and techniques.

My question is; what equipment should I consider purchasing to support what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance
Scorpio...
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums