UKC

Alex Salmond

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Boar of Badenoch 12 Jun 2014
Is it just me, or is his superior political skill potentially going to swing the outcome of the independence referendum? He just seems capable of running rings around all the key unionist politicians in Scotland, he's just so much more expert as a politician. It seems a pity, whatever your political viewpoint, that the country's future is determined by the strength of different personalities and the skill level of different politicians.
Gone for good 12 Jun 2014
In reply to Boar of Badenoch: When I think of Alex Salmond I think of the Toad of Toad Hall.
Sneaky, cunning, conniving, swarmy, bullying, and undoubtedly could sell sand to the Arabs if he so desired.
None of these regrettable character traits make him a superior politician. On the contrary, like all politicians he is a liar, a schemer, self serving and highly manipulative.
Other than that I quite like the bloke!

nw 12 Jun 2014
In reply to Boar of Badenoch:

Is this some sort of humblebrag by proxy?
Lusk 12 Jun 2014
I'd vote 'No' because of him.
And his fishy sidekick!
Post edited at 22:05
estivoautumnal 12 Jun 2014

> Is it just me,

Maybe.

Banned User 77 13 Jun 2014

> It seems a pity, whatever your political viewpoint, that the country's future is determined by the strength of different personalities and the skill level of different politicians.

This is pretty much the norm now I think, we've gone to a US style president almost as its so much about the one person than the party, especially UK wise.. in Scotland the independence debate splits them but down south most parties are so central, that there's often little light between them.

I'm not sure Salmond is that good though, I think he's clumsy at times..
 RomTheBear 13 Jun 2014

> Is it just me, or is his superior political skill potentially going to swing the outcome of the independence referendum? He just seems capable of running rings around all the key unionist politicians in Scotland, he's just so much more expert as a politician. It seems a pity, whatever your political viewpoint, that the country's future is determined by the strength of different personalities and the skill level of different politicians.

Salmond is a fine politician but he's far from being a charismatic leader that people would follow blindly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...