UKC

bit of a long shot but!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cerris90 13 Jun 2014
I know this is a long shot but is there anyone in the nanuki area of kenya who needs a climbing partner for the weekend. Who also knows some local crags.
In reply to Cerris90:

Assume you've tried/are in/are in contact with the Mountain Club of Kenya?

http://www.mck.or.ke/

OP Cerris90 14 Jun 2014
I have now. My Internet isn't great where I am as safari com decided to delete my credit but thanks dave

Removed User 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Cerris90:

How is Nanuki by the way? Still the buzzing metropolis it was when I was last there 25 yrs ago?
 JayPee630 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed User:

25? I was there about 1994. It was just like NYC... kind of. Exercise Grand Prix?
Removed User 14 Jun 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

Yeah, it was '89 or '90 when I was there. I still remember the bogs.
 JayPee630 14 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Yes, funny place. I passed through there a few tears back for some other work. Still seemed the same. A bit grim with some colorful nightlife!
OP Cerris90 15 Jun 2014
Ha. Yeah it's definitely got the colourful night life. It's good. When I'm not doing 14 hour days building the new rmp site
 Fraser 15 Jun 2014
In reply to Cerris90:

I'd also try posting in the Lifts & Partners forum and using a slightly more helpful subject header, like where you are and what you want, not the non-specific, random one you've used here. It's like you're deliberately making it difficult for yourself.
In reply to Fraser:
Yes, do that. What Fraser says: "anyone in Nanyuki...?"

And if you do get in touch with the MCK I'd be really interested to know if Iain Howells is still about. (He of the awesome labour of single-handed consruction of his eponymous summit hut, and first ascentionist of nearly every route) I must say sorry to him for not writing up our ascent of the Scott-Braithwaite like he'd asked and I'd promised. It was 1999, he thought it may not have been done since his repeat in 1977, but it had a rope sling that was still pliable and unbleached by sun on the belay in the middle of the main Grey Corner. So id think folks had been up there since...

Sorry, I waffle. Anyway, the MCK were always welcoming at their HQ in Wilson airport, Check them out.
What's an rmp site? I did nothing productive!
Post edited at 22:58
OP Cerris90 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Cerris90:

Cheers for all the help. To be honest I'm pretty new to the site so I'm still learning. I'm in the engineers an I'm building the military police site in batuk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...