UKC

HDMI wall plates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 13 Jun 2014
Can anyone recommend a high quality HDMI wall plate?

Renovating my living room and looking to hide all cables (TV aerial, Sky cables and HDMI cable that connects Sky box to TV etc)

The TV is now wall hung and the Sky box is about 4-5ft away in the corner. As I don't want cables spanning across the walls the electrician tells me that I can install a HDMI wall plate behind the TV and one in the wall behind the Sky box and connect these together with a HDMI cable.

Anyone have any experience of HDMI wall plates and able to recommend a high quality product?

Thanks
 David Bennett 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

I used the ultimate range from Schneider Electric. Works fine. Looks good.
OP Alan M 13 Jun 2014
In reply to David Bennett:

Thanks, Can I ask where did you purchase from, is there a web link? Just googled them and found a 1 gang plate but ideally I could do with a 2. You are right though they look very smart.
In reply to Alan M:

How long will HDMI be around, before being superceeded, do people think?
 Blue Straggler 14 Jun 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

> How long will HDMI be around, before being superceeded, do people think?

I don't know. Do you have a useful prediction?
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Nope, I've only just started using HDMI on me TV, Chromecast and Blu-ray, I'm a bit behind the fashion.
OP Alan M 14 Jun 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

> How long will HDMI be around, before being superceeded, do people think?

I have no idea either. My plan is to hide all cables and have the hdmi wall plates hidden also. If the cable type does change the gulley will already be there to run it in or if it all ends up as wireless connections etc I can just forget its there.

The more im reading on the net and youtube it seems the wall plate option is the way to go (for me atleast)
 Blue Straggler 14 Jun 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Not nearly as far as me!
Still got my 30-year-old Ferguson 26" CRT which used to be worshipped by my peers as "the huge TV" and which is now, apparently, "small"! One coax and one SCART input.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...