UKC

Home made protein bar recipes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JaredCE 15 Jun 2014
Hey there. I'm wondering if anyone has any home made protein bar recipes. I've just started climbing again and find myself needing something after my session, yet find myself resenting myself for just picking up a wispa from the local tesco.

My climbing wall does sell bars but none to my particular taste. I'm not a big fan of nuts and dates and such, not intolerant, just despise them. I'm fairly handy at baking and thought I could put my hand to making my own protein bar, but I don't have any recipes. Would love to know if anyone has done the same and if they would be willing to share.
In reply to JaredCE:

Take two boiled eggs and a pinch of salt.* Cheaper, less hassle, taste better and good for you.

*free range of course
 Pawthos 15 Jun 2014
In reply to JaredCE:

I've had some success using flavoured protein powder e.g. Vanilla flavoured whey powder in place of vanilla essence. It works really well in pancakes.

I've also found you can reduce the amount of sugar by a third when baking without any noticeable difference.
 lost1977 15 Jun 2014
In reply to JaredCE:

whey powder,oats and pb

warm up the pb and mix in oats and whey , shape wrap then chill
andic 15 Jun 2014
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Scotch eggs and a pint of skimmed milk are my after workout snack of choice.
 lost1977 15 Jun 2014
In reply to JaredCE:

protein jelly bars also work
 nathan79 15 Jun 2014
In reply to JaredCE:

Easily done. Making some protein flapjacks in between matches right now.
200g oats, 100g peanut butter, 2-4 tablespoons of honey, few scoops of protein powder, 50g died fruit of choice, couple of tablespoons of flax seeds. Melt the peanut butter, mix it all up, pop in a baking tray, gas mark 4 for 15-20mins.

Handy as shop bought ones can be they're costly and generally full of undesirables such as glycerol.
Of course as has been said a boiled egg or two is always an option, albeit a potentially bag/pocket stinker.
 Firestarter 15 Jun 2014
In reply to andic:

I know a bloke who uses a syringe to inject mayonnaise into the gap between 'the scotch' and the egg. Made me boke when I heard it but by flip is it good!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...