UKC

Luton airport to central London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Alden 17 Jun 2014
Hi, I'll be travelling to Luton on Thursday with my parents who are quite advanced in age. In the past I've taken the coach to Victoria but now noticed that there's a train service too. Which do you think would be the best/ easiest way to travel given the circumstances ie helping parents?
 ckms 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Simon Alden:

If theres a few of you, pre-booking a taxi is usually cheaper than the train - airport trains are really expensive!!
OP Simon Alden 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Simon Alden:

Great idea. I decided to book a taxi..it is a bit more expensive but well worth it to save hassle etc.
In reply to Simon Alden:

The Thameslink train service from Luton Parkway (near the Airport) to Central London (and beyond to Brighton!) is excellent and not expensive! There is a good and frequent bus service from the Airport to the Station (5 -10 minte journey).

I've used it a couple of time when travelling from the north to meetings in Central London.
 berna 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

This is excellent, it goes to baker st from where tube links are also very convenient
 Neil Williams 17 Jun 2014
In reply to berna:
Erm, no it doesn't, it goes to St Pancras (then on to the City in the case of the Thameslink trains)! The easyBus does that but I have heard a load of stories about it being rather unreliable.

Neil
Post edited at 16:50
 berna 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

True, my apologies. What I did in this regard was getting off at west hampstead and taking the jubilee line to baker st.

good spot.
 Dauphin 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Simon Alden:

Depends where you want to be in London and how elderly your parents are. The Train to KX is pretty swift and regular. But you need to take the bus (5 minuted) from the airport to the train station.

D
OP Simon Alden 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Simon Alden:

Thanks for the advice all! I booked a taxi after all..my dad is 86 and confessed he was stressed out by the thought of getting on a bus or train and dealing with luggage etc. So i guess its a worthwhile investment! Thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...