ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Trad climbing is killing my feet.

Rachel Slater - on 17 Jun 2014
My feet have been hurting a lot lately and I'm pretty sure it's from wearing climbing shoes. They aren't too small as I can fit thick socks inside them but they are tight on the sides and its the bones on the inside of my feet which ache. They hurt when I'm climbing and when I'm not. Six weeks ago I returned from a long sport climbing trip, during which they were fine because I climbed routes fast so my shoes weren't actually on for very long despite climbing most days. However, since I've been mostly trad climbing since I've been back, my shoes are on for a lot longer on each day and now they are hurting so much I almost don't want to go climbing.

I've also been on a couple runs lately which I'm sure hasn't helped, I can't run more than 5 miles without my feet killing. I've wanted to run more but I think my feet hurting during and after just doesn't make it worth it.

I've looked into buying wider climbing shoes but they don't fit my heel and there usually aren't any sizes small enough anyway.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or have any tips on what I can do to stop/prevent the pain without climbing less? Thanks.
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums