UKC

Saving Files to CD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 17 Jun 2014
I have copied some files to a CD and am getting a message saying that I have files waiting to be burnt to disc......Click on this balloon.

When I click nothing happens. How do I burn them on to the disc?
 rallymania 17 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

this is in windows? (which version)

can we assume you have a drive in the computer that can write to a CD/DVD and you have a suitable blank disk in the drive?

are you actually wanting to burn this disk or is this something that's happened automatically / by mistake?
OP mypyrex 17 Jun 2014
In reply to rallymania:

Windows 8.1

Mainly I just want to make sure that the files are permanently saved to the disk
 GridNorth 17 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

You can't just save files to a CD/DVD. If you Right click on the document you want to save and then select "Send To" you should be presented with options of where to send it to. If you select DVD RW Drive and put a CD in the tray it should "burn" the disc.
OP mypyrex 17 Jun 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Thanks, I'll have a go.
OP mypyrex 17 Jun 2014
In reply to GridNorth:
I've tried that but the disk still shows "files ready to be written to disk" when I look at it in device manager
Post edited at 19:06
 Andy Nisbet 17 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I remember from Windows XP that files went into a holding file. You had to find it, then highlight the files, and tell it again to write to CD. Sorry if this is totally basic and you know all that.
 rallymania 18 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
ok...

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say forget using the built in windows burning software.
instead use something like this
www.imgburn.com
(other similar software is available, i find this one works pretty well though)
it's a "traditional" CD/DVD burning software program and allows you to burn (amognst other things) fodlers or files you specify onto a disk. it's probably more straight forward to use than the slightly strange windows built in method, although i have to admit i've never actually used windows 8.1

here's a how to for imgburn
_http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/imgburn_for_dummies_page1.html
Post edited at 09:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...