UKC

Amsterdam Accommodation Suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bootsy 17 Jun 2014
Any one got any recommendations?

Any particularly good or bad experiences of hotels / B&Bs to seek out or avoid as the case may be?

Heading over to AMS for a weekend next month with my wife and need somewhere central for 2 nights that's clean and tidy, with wi-fi, serves breakfast (not a given in AMS as I've discovered) and that isn't going to cost the earth (budget is c.GBP100 p/n).

Thanks in advance.
 Little Brew 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Easy Hotel would get my vote, we have used them in London and Berlin and found them to be basic but what you need for a hotel. Wi-Fi is free at most coffee shops, or you can pay extra for it in the hotel. Breakfast - Coffee shops again!

We stayed in a great B&B - http://www.hotelmuseumzicht.nl/en/ but that was 5-7 years ago!

also if flying in - get the 72 hour train/tram pass from the tourist office at the airport, it includes your ticket to and from airport to Amsterdam and was about €15 each.

another tip is if you do want to go to Anne Franks house, book online and you jump the queue, also climb the Westerkirk, Church south of Anne Franks house, for one of the best views of the city.
abseil 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station is OK, might be 150-170 Euros a room, you could check Tripadvisor maybe.
 jazzyjackson 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:
The Singel hotel is excellent. Near central station and the jordaan. Clean ,comfortable and straight forward with breakfast!

There are some real sh*tholes in the dam so get a recommendation if u can.

www.singelhotel.nl
Post edited at 16:14
 Sam_in_Leeds 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Mrs Sam_In_Leeds and I once stayed at the IBIS Amsterdam and paid about 100€

About 20 min walk from Centraal station and fine as a base. Not much in way of character but clean, modern, functional etc

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3044-ibis-amsterdam-centre-stopera/index.shtml...
OP Bootsy 19 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Thank you all for taking the time to reply - it's much appreciated. I managed to get somewhere booked this evening (called the Poet Hotel) that seems to tick the boxes and has come in bang on budget at GBP190. It's slightly outside the Inner canal belt butnis close to Vondelpark and only a short walk from town. I'll report back if the experience is so good or bad as to be newsworthy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...