UKC

Cam trigger wire repair photos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Merlin 18 Jun 2014
Anyone got any pictures of cam trigger wires they've repaired themselves?

I'm looking to do a repair on one of my WC Tech Friends soon, and would be interested to see how others have done.
In reply to Merlin:

Have a look at this: http://www.kakibusok.plus.com/Equipment/RewireCams1/Rewire1.htm
I managed to successfully replace some broken wires with strimmer cable recently.
OP Merlin 18 Jun 2014
In reply to steve.aisthorpe:

Thank you.
 Martin Bennett 18 Jun 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I have repaired many friends and have a few pictures. I have no idea if I can add a pic here so if you send me your email address I'll send the photos that way. Cheers.
 scott titt 19 Jun 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Contact me and I can send you the instruction sheet I prepared when I sold wire and ferrules for repairs.
 CurlyStevo 19 Jun 2014
In reply to steve.aisthorpe:

the strimmer wire fix is pretty much permanent if you make a knot and slightly melt it. I've never had to do anything after that.
 wilkie14c 19 Jun 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I have a cam doctor kit from the USA and it produces great repairs however, for a WC tech friend, you wont get better than the WC repair kit. Tech friends used a clever bit of design that allowed the whole wire/rod assembly to be replaced very easily.
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rock-Climbing-Equipment/Camming-Devic...
OP Merlin 19 Jun 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

Ah, ideal! Think I'll go with this option.
 Simon Caldwell 19 Jun 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Strimmer cord is cheaper and lasts longer...
dwb 20 Jun 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I've repaired 2 wires of the 4 on my wc 1.5 and 2.5 friends with strimmer cord and the result is first class.Easy to accomplish and the cams seem just as good as with the original wire.As this repair costs virtually nothing I see no point in shelling out a tenner or whatever for an official repair kit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...