UKC

DANGEROUS Block, Arcturus P1, Pavey Ark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kevin Avery 18 Jun 2014
Climbed Arcturus on Pavey Ark last night and a flat topped block just before the belay ledge at the end of pitch one came away about an inch and a half from the crag. This is bigger than an average microwave oven and looked and sounded solid until I was pulling out with my hands behind it and the whole thing shifted outwards. Anybody on this route, please be careful and avoid using it as it is sat there, held on by soil!
In reply to Kevin Avery:

Thanks for the update Kev, heard the midges were pretty bad up there!
OP Kevin Avery 18 Jun 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

They were utterly savage! Shorts were an error...
 Peter Metcalfe 23 Jun 2014
In reply to Kevin Avery:

We met you on the belay shared with Capella, just after you'd had a shock with the block. You looked a bit shaken!

I'd say it was possibly dishwasher, rather than microwave oven sized, but as I'm using metric units there may some conversion error involved.

Peter

--
 John Kelly 23 Jun 2014
In reply to Kevin Avery:

was there an issue that prevented you dealing with the tinker - why not give it an early bath in tarn below?

midges have been savage, warm wet winter perhaps?

oh and bump
 AJay 02 Jul 2014
In reply to Kevin Avery:
On 30th June a young Viking came along and kicked the block off! There may be some loose stuff hanging around.......

John Kelly 02 Jul 2014
In reply to AJay:

good on yer
In reply to AJay:

Thanks for the update AJay.
 RichT 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

Easy to avoid the loose stuff at the top of the pitch where the block vacated, by stepping up to the left.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...