UKC

How not to get to a bothy - blog post

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Burns 19 Jun 2014
Everything has just gone pear shaped. I hit the ground with an emphatic thud. My legs float skywards and I can the clouds passing my boots. My mountain bike is laying on the track a few feet away, its wheels still spinning as though in some vain attempt to escape. I try to get up but my rucksack pulls me back down to the ground and, if all this wasn’t bad enough, I’m being laughed at by dogs. A few moments ago cycled past some terriers who barked at me through the bars of their kennels. As I rode away they went quiet but, since I hit the ground they’ve been making quite a noise, more like yelps than barks now, the unmistakable sound of canine laughter. I’ve made their day.

I collapse backwards under the weight of my sack once more, as I look up skyward, I think to myself, this must be where the expression, “it all went tits up,” comes from.

Read more here https://johndburns.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/lessons-on-mountain-biking-or-h...
Rigid Raider 19 Jun 2014
In reply to John Burns:

A familiar story. He'd have done better to use panniers and let the bike take the strain; nothing kills your enthusiasm faster than a heavy rucsac on an uncomfortable saddle.

Mikeweavers 19 Jun 2014
In reply to John Burns:

Bad luck on the bike trip, but I'm enjoying reading all your other posts. Great blog!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...