UKC

What a Postal Service!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 21 Jun 2014
Yesterday, at 4:15pm, I posted something from North Wales to a friend in Kent. Only when I got home did I realise I hadn't put a stamp on it so I fired off an email to tell him not to pay the postage to the postman and I would send him the material again.

Had an email from my friend to say that when he got back from shopping this morning there was my unstamped envelope on his door mat and no sign of the postie!

What a (free) service!
 jon 21 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

So are you saying it's quicker if you don't pay?
OP mypyrex 21 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

> So are you saying it's quicker if you don't pay?

Could be
 sbc_10 21 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

..absolutely first class.
 Hairy Pete 22 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex: It's especially good considering the willingness of their customers to attempt to defraud them.
OP mypyrex 22 Jun 2014
In reply to Hairy Pete:

Well it certainly wasn't a deliberate attempt to do so on my part; besides which Royal Mail always have the option, where postage has not been paid of NOT delivering. The choice is theirs.
 Indy 22 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Strangely had this on Saturday but got a grey card saying that the sender hadn't paid the correct postage and could I place £1.12 (12p in underpaid postage +£1 surcharge/admin fee) in stamps on the reverse of the card and RM would then redeliver. I guess that if you don't pay it'll sit at the delivery office for a few weeks before being returned to sender or if you go down there and tell them to RTS then it would have ben better to just pay up than have wasted the time either way inconvenience!

Anyway according to Google you appear to have been lucky...

Sorry UKC won't allow me to add two web links because it says "Please don't write verylongwordswithoutanyspaces"

GO FIGURE!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...