UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 22 Jun 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (24) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=589824

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

Fatclimber - Shame about the bad back. Still - at least you're defying the laws of biology.
practicallypixie - Keep us informed on how the 5:2 eating pattern goes.
Sleepy_trucker - 2 lbs down, but starting back on the gaspers.
AndrewW - Calories not too bad, daemon booze less so.
Dick, Still a Fat B - Stable. Where's the holiday and what's the target route?

Have a good week all (or the few that's left).
 Sleepy_trucker 23 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Two steps forward, 1.5 steps back; I'm up 1.5lbs nothing else to declare really, about half way through the engine rebuild. One day I'll get my free time back!
 WILLS 23 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Right gonna start posting.
Current weight:- 97 kg
Goal weight:- 85 kg by the end of the year.
Been climbing twice this week. Should be going again tomorrow if lucky.
3 trips on the bike. 17, 19, 24km.
1 small hike carrying 2 stone toddler. 5km.

Normally I try to eat healthily. But on night shifts I tend to eat sugary crap from midnight onwards. I struggle to control my appetite when I'm tired. But I am trying to get more sleep. Easier now my lad is sleeping better.
 Sleepy_trucker 25 Jun 2014
In reply to WILLS:

I'm sure you'll be made very welcome, as I was.

I work nights too, sat behind a steering wheel for hours on end. I control my eating by taking food with me and no money to buy anything else (though I do have my bank card if my run takes much longer than expected). If I make a pig of myself, it can be 14 hours before I get any more food so I learned to discipline myself pretty quick.

I do two nights out a week, starting 15:30 and I park up about 02:00 and run back the next day, works out about 24hrs with a 9hr break. For that, I take;

4 sandwiches (4 slices of bread, filled a bit stingy)
Home made salad with either chicken or steak
4ltrs squash

Can't say I go hungry, if I had more I'd eat it - to break the boredom, so
Only having enough really helps.
In reply to AndrewW:

13st 11 ( +1) whoops
Holiday in a month, Brittany
Going with my 16yr old nephew ( and families)
I have been training him to belay and he enjoys bouldering.
Target route is on Le Cube sport 6b e3 5c in Bill Birketts French rock, but I have just found a load of bolted 5's at Pen Hir that look enjoyable.
Also a fairly crap looking sport crag less than 5 miles from where we will be. Internet is great .

Sleepy T, sweet drinks will increase your cravings for more sweet food ( even if sugar free)
Andy Gamisou 28 Jun 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
Weight at SOW: 11st 5lb.
Weight at EOW: 11st 4lb.

Average calories per day: 1680.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...