UKC

Harrisons Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MaranaF 23 Jun 2014
We are heading to Harrisons Rocks for the first time over the next few days.... whats the collective thoughts on camp site thats ok for vans and dogs, has showers and toilets [the wife insists] and isnt to much of a trek from the crags?????

Thanks!
 Guy Atkinson 24 Jun 2014
In reply to MaranaF:
There is a campsite there, it's alright for vans and dogs and there are toilets and basic washing facilities but no showers. Fine for a night or two but if you're looking for something a bit more luxurious i'm sure there's plenty around the Groombridge/ Tunbridge Wells area.
OP MaranaF 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Guy Atkinson:

Hi Guy, I understood the camping at Herrisons was closed at the moment. Am I wrong?
 Fishmate 24 Jun 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

Hi Marana, camping is ok as far as I know. It was two weekends ago. Maybe ask on the "nuts for climbing" page on FB. They are local to the crag.
 Trangia 24 Jun 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

The toilet block has re-opened again following repairs, so the camp site should be usable. As has been said the toilet block has no showers.

The walk to the rocks is about 10 - 15 mins

If you want better facilities another nearby campsite is Forgewood http://forgewoodcamping.co.uk/ which is withing walking distance (about 45 mins to an hour, or 10 mins by car. It's also convenient for Bowles Rocks.
 Guy Atkinson 24 Jun 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

The campsite at Harrison's is definitely open, I know people who were there over the weekend.
There is information about the climbing here http://www.southernsandstoneclimbs.co.uk/ and please read the code of practice and equipment guide so you're aware of how to avoid causing damage to the rock.
OP MaranaF 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Guy Atkinson:

Cheers Guy, we will be there early next week... weather permitting!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...