UKC

Kalymnos location

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 eve29 24 Jun 2014
I'm off to kalymnos in July for a weeks cragging. Where is the best base to stay. We will be climbing and lazing at the beach also.

Cheers
 Os_878 24 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

Masouri is in my opinion the best location as it is within walking distance of alot of crags & then a short scooter or boat ride to the others
In reply to eve29:

+1 for Masouri.
Ste Brom 24 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

Emporios up the coast is nice and quiet, with a few crags here and there and a nice beach. Good if you have had an overload of the climbing hoards.
And its worth walking right up to the headland round there, the northern coast looks wild, almost Scottish.
 kipper12 24 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

Masouri

Though I did womder about Emporios, it is certainly quieter
vagiosk 24 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

Hi Eve. Check this website for many options of accommodation on Kalymnos:
http://www.alternetgreece.com/en/
The Alternet's Rescue card provides many discounts for the cardholders.
 Martin Hore 24 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

Stayed in Emporios last September. Much quieter and very pleasant, but... you will need a car or scooter in July. The crags within walking distance of Emporios mostly face south - way too warm. The shady crags are mostly nearer Masouri.
Ste Brom 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Martin Hore:

Two buses out a day; one at 9:30 in the morn, and one at 5:30. For 2 euro!
 alps_p 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Ste Brom:

I went last year in August and there were hardly any crowds at the crags. I'd say Massouri in July. In prime season, i.e. spring or autumn, perhaps Emporios is a better choice.
 DanDDJ 26 Jun 2014
In reply to eve29:

I stayed at Vouros Palace in Massouri, was very nice and a minutes walk from the beach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...