UKC

EVENT: UCPA Alpinism Courses - Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 24 Jun 2014
UCPA Alpinism Courses - Chamonix, 4 kbIf you're looking to get into alpine mountaineering this summer, but find that most courses are a little out of your budget, then take a look at the Action Outdoors summer programme.

The company are the UK partners to the French organisation UCPA, a not for profit organisation set up by the French Government to encourage young people into the outdoors (18 - 40 years). It means an introductory course in alpine mountaineering starts from as little as £543 and includes everything required for the week - instruction, equipment, lift passes plus all meals and accommodation. The centre also offers more advanced alpinism courses including summiting Mont Blanc

Katy Dartford attended an introduction course, based in Chamonix, and explains more about what was involved throughout the week.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6414
 Doug 25 Jun 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:
Maybe it depends on the activity, but they'll often let the over 40s join courses.

Didn't see any mention of language - are they now offering courses in English ? When I joined a course (skiing) it was all in french & I didn't hear any other languages in the accommodation.
In reply to Doug:

Hi Doug, I think the key is to look for Action Outdoors courses and not UCPA ones as it is the former that runs the UK side of things.
 Doug 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

unless you want to improve your French
In reply to Doug:

Haha - very true indeed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...