UKC

Llanberis Trad Festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blake 24 Jun 2014
Anyone going to the Trad Fest in Llanberis?

I'm gona just rock up and see what's goin down - hoping to meet other climbers to chill with and do a few routes.

Got all the gear, climb at HVS and have wheels - will be driving over after work.

Give me a shout!

Blake
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Blake:
shame the good weather will have broken by then http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644172 . I guess Glastonbury was bound to jinx it.
Post edited at 12:40
 spidermonkey09 24 Jun 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Except as MWIS points out, confidence is low. Nothing like a bit of negativity is there?
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2014
In reply to spidermonkey09:
realism I think.

I think the low confidence is regarding the rain weds not the good weather breaking. Anyway I didn't say it will rain, just that the long spell of unusually good weather is coming to an end for a bit. Also wales is specifically mentioned on mwis as the highest risk for showers this weekend.

Have you seen this?

http://old.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_u...
Post edited at 12:53
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2014
In reply to spidermonkey09:

This can be useful too and does seem to indicate the current forecast is fairly accurate for the next week.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Aberdeen_ens.png
 danm 24 Jun 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

The good news is that N.Wales is just about the best place in the country for still getting some brilliant climbing in when the weather is a bit patchy. Plenty of rain shadows and fast drying crags.
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2014
In reply to danm:

plus its only tuesday the forecast could easily change, won't be the first time
 Ciderslider 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Blake:

For what it's worth I'm planning on going to the Peak District on 4/5/6 July so there will be biblical flooding by then
 Gus 29 Jun 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Best conditions ever on the Cromlech on the Saturday of the festival, despite the forecast. "If you don't go you don't know!"

PS Hi Blake, good to meet you on Friday night, hope you enjoyed the festival!!
In reply to Gus:
> (In reply to CurlyStevo)
>
> Best conditions ever on the Cromlech on the Saturday of the festival, despite the forecast. "If you don't go you don't know!"

Best Ever???
 spenser 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Blake:

Tremadog and dinas mot were both in fantastic nick on the Saturday and Sunday respectively, Nick's talk on Saturday was hilarious!
 ripper 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Blake:

Llangollen area was great yesterday - a rain shower about 6am but then it just got gradually sunnier all day. My first visit to Craig Arthur ('a crag of national importance' says the guidebook) and four of us had the entire place to ourselves...
 Gus 30 Jun 2014
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

yep
 Iain Peters 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Blake:

Great weekend, although the poor old hog might not agree! Hope you all enjoyed it.Roll on next year.
 ezzpbee 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Iain Peters:

Great weekend event and thanks to all who ran and arranged it, entertainment on friday evening watching north face tent being pitched kept us amused.
Bet hog didn`t enjoy being dropped in fire midday either
 David Barlow 30 Jun 2014
In reply to ezzpbee:

It was still scrumptious regardless!

I agree, it was an excellent fun weekend.
In reply to Gus:

Fair enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...