/ Canyon bikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gra B - on 24 Jun 2014
Has anybody had any dealings with Canyon?
What are your experiences of them? good/bad?
What about after sales support?

Cheers in advance for any advice

Gra
andy - on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:
My mate has one - stupendous value for money (check out Rose Bikes as well) - keep an eye on their stock position as I've heard of long delivery times (which they're always up front about).

I think they might have a UK showroom now?

Edit: No they don't! Rose have a UK chap called Finlay, v helpful.
Post edited at 15:27
TheDrunkenBakers - on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:
I ve got a buddy whos a cycling nut. He has one, really likes it.
steev on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

I've had my Canyon road bike for a month now and it's an amazing machine.

The company have been decent to deal with although there was a very big wait for my bike to arrive. This was all up-front on the website and the estimated delivery was spot on.

They did forget to send me a spare derailleur hanger but sorted it out quickly and fuss-free.
andy - on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B: The other thing to check out is their "sponsorship" deal - join British Cycling, get a race membership and save a packet:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/sponsoring.html

However unless you have an aversion to "big name bikes" have a look at Westbrook Cycles deals on Scott - I've just got a Foil Team Issue frame set with Ultegra Di2 11sp shifters, derailleurs, cables and battery (so you need to add wheels, chainset, cassette and finishing kit) for £1399. The frame's 2013 but was £2500 and the same gear set is £700 from Ribble. They also have this:

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-with-ultegra-6800-11-spee...

Frame and full Di2 groupset for £1400 - just add wheels, bars and saddle!
itsThere on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

Friend of a friend asked to send it back because it was too small, canyon said yer no problem we will give you the next size up.
wbo - on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

There's a huge thread on bikeradar in the mountainbike forum I think. All good news there.
Dave Todd - on 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

I've had a Canyon Nerve AL 8.0 for about 2 years, and a Canyon Roadlite 6.0 for about 18 months. Both fantastic bikes!

No problems in any dealings with Canyon. I had a minor question about the bearings in the rear wheel of the Nerve, Canyon offered to pay for me to take it to LBS to check, ultimately I resolved the question myself but their offer was appreciated.

I've always had quick responses to my e-mails, so dealings are good...!

I'd happily buy another (would love a Spectral...)

Cheers

Dave
ads.ukclimbing.com
felt - on 29 Jun 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.