UKC

Another bite from Suarez?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 24 Jun 2014
Was it?
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Is he a zombie?
OP Sl@te Head 24 Jun 2014
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Exciting end to Italy v Uraguay.....
 dek 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Exciting end to Italy v Uraguay.....

Gone a bit Al Dente?
In reply to dek:

5 minutes of extra time, got to be enough time for another bite....or maybe a goal
In reply to dek:

All over, Italy going home....
 mc2006 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

He should be banned the dirty rat!
 Banned User 77 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I think so.. looked very very similar to his other three bites, on US TV they showed an angle where its fairly clear he has the shirt in his mouth at least…

7 games for the first bite.. 10 games for the last…

I think he's looking at a season long ban..

The disease risk from biting.. he'll face a lifetime ban but I think he'll do well if convicted off getting off with an 8-12 month ban..
In reply to IainRUK:

Whether he's staying or moving on from Liverpool, Liverpool are going to suffer. His last ban cost us the Premiership title. Great player but we may be better rid of him. Watched him twice at Anfield this year so gutted that he's in trouble again.
andymac 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Ffs.

Can he not just punch people instead.

He'll have been easy meat for the Italians to wind up.

Another reversal for Luis.Poor show.
Post edited at 19:21
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Its incredible.. he's a class player but I thought he was lucky at a 10 game ban last time, especially after Evra and the previous bite.. but to do it again..

If guilty he's also just knocked 10's of millions off his sale value..

SethChili 24 Jun 2014
In reply to LI-J

If there is any justice in this world , he will be out of the world cup . Totally unacceptable - kids are watching this and it sets an appalling example to them .
In some ways it is a shame , the world cup has been a clean competition so far , shocking that anyone would cast a shadow over even a single game like this .
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> If guilty he's also just knocked 10's of millions off his sale value..

More than a few bats loose in his belfry... Throw the book at the bugger.
In reply to IainRUK:

Rumours earlier today have mentioned up to 80 million transfer to Barcelona or Real Madrid and a salary of £350,00 a week. That was one expensive bite can see those offers being withdrawn.
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> ... That was one expensive bite can see those offers being withdrawn.

It'll be fine if they include a muzzle and flea collar clause in his contract.
 sbc_10 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

> ... include a muzzle and flea collar

and some fava beans and a nice chianti.......slurp!

Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:
Will liverpool still have to honour his contract?
Shame houllier still isn't manager. Hoo let the dogs out? Hoo hoo hoo
Post edited at 19:44
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

> Will liverpool still have to honour his contract?

Liverpool F.C. will probably spin the situation and make it the Italian's shoulder's fault.
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

It's actually cheered me up
In reply to Sl@te Head:

There's no chance anyone will sign him until they know his ban..

7 games, then 10 games.. it has to be in the region of 15-20… at least. But a season would do.

I'm genuinely gob smacked… Man U have had their issues, Cantona with the fan.. Keane on Haaland.. but I can't think of a player who has done 4 things like Suarez has.. 3 bites and one racist verbal attack..

Just seen a pic on FB of a clean set of teethmarks.. unless the italians bit their own player at half time I think we just saw the last of Suarez..

Fat Bumbly2 24 Jun 2014

Like a dog, such as the barsteward that got me on the Union Canal towpath a few weeks back, you get one bite free. After that.......
Well you cannot put him down, but if this did happen,his career should be humanely destroyed.

Another one for the Uruguay album, like the 1986 game with Scotland "hands where no hands should ever go" or the Ghana "save" last time.
Post edited at 19:55
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

Is biting another player worse than a rugby player putting a thumb up another players bum in the scrum? Apparently this occurs ?
 coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Would this mean an international ban since he was playing for Uruguay?

Could the FA ban him from playing for Liverpool?

Not sure if that's possible.
 coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

No . . . . . . That's just one of the perks of being a forward !
 Alan M 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Unbelievable, its obvious the guy is not in control of something in his head. What to do I have no idea other than start with a psychological assessment and go from there!!

I can see a ban coming but only for the remainder of the world cup and subsequent internationals I can't see any ban carrying over to the domestic campaign. Unbelievable player and undoubtedly his on the edge mental state is a big part of what makes him what he is....So, I propose to muzzle him and treat him later unless he leaves Liverpool this summer then treat him sooner rather than later.

To the poster saying he cost Liverpool the premier league ffs!! I would say what lost us the Premier League was losing 1-0 to Chelsea, also throw in drawing 3-3 with Palace, oh also dropping points at home to Villa, away to Hull being comprehensively beaten at home by Southampton. Losing a 2 goal lead at Goodison Park, I can keep going!
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

> Like a dog, such as the barsteward that got me on the Union Canal towpath a few weeks back, you get one bite free. After that.......

Huh, really?... The last bloke who bit me - I still carry the scar - after he found himself on the wrong end of a pasting of his instigation, certainly didn't get a freebie; on the contrary, he just earned himself another pasting.

In reply to coinneach:
Its very possible..

What do you think happens when a player dopes?

He'll face an X month ban from football if guilty.. he'd be extremely lucky to have this restricted to international games as he won't just be charged with a simple red card offence.
Post edited at 20:08
In reply to Alan M:

> To the poster saying he cost Liverpool the premier league ffs!! I would say what lost us the Premier League was losing 1-0 to Chelsea, also throw in drawing 3-3 with Palace, oh also dropping points at home to Villa, away to Hull being comprehensively beaten at home by Southampton. Losing a 2 goal lead at Goodison Park, I can keep going!

Check out Liverpools results at the start of the season when he was still on a ban and do the maths if you can.
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

Giving or receiving?
In reply to Alan M:

> Unbelievable, its obvious the guy is not in control of something in his head. What to do I have no idea other than start with a psychological assessment and go from there!!

> I can see a ban coming but only for the remainder of the world cup and subsequent internationals I can't see any ban carrying over to the domestic campaign. Unbelievable player and undoubtedly his on the edge mental state is a big part of what makes him what he is….

I think he'll be lucky.. FIFA can ban across football.
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I'd love to hear what Mr Rodgers has to say
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Duncan Ferguson had the solution. He said 'If Suarez had tried that snidey shit with me when I was playing, he would have ended up eating his Saturday night takeaway through a straw.'

E
 mrchewy 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

He won't have seen it.
mick taylor 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

googled the photos and unless they're photoshoped, this is well sserious. my instant reaction is 'the guy should have his fekin teeth kicked in'', but then i calm down and realise that the totally unprovoked ( and repetitive) nature indicates a mental health problem. best for him, any club associated with him and footie in general that he gets a mega ban and help to sort.

or get players to wear a crucifix and a neclace of garlic.
 Alan M 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Check out Liverpools results at the start of the season when he was still on a ban and do the maths if you can.

Those 6 games didn't matter in the scheme of things at Christmas day Liverpool top of the league and also returned to the top of the league in April. I haven't got a table in front of me but I am pretty sure that after 5 games Liverpool where only 2 points behind top (Arsenal) and like I say by Christmas day Liverpool were top!! We lost two games over Xmas meanng to City and Chelsea meaning by New Years day we were 4 or 5th. The Suarez ban at the start of the season had little impact on our season.

What cost us was conceding over 50 goals and dropping points in games such as the ones I pointed out Villa, Hull, Everton, failing to pick up a single point against Chelsea, not taking our chances against City at their place etc etc etc
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to mrchewy:

I'm sure he hasn't . It's amusing that Liverpools title challenge is possibly over before a ball has been kicked!
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

> Duncan Ferguson had the solution. He said 'If Suarez had tried that snidey shit with me when I was playing, he would have ended up eating his Saturday night takeaway through a straw.'

That's what he needs... Would certainly make him think twice before sinking the fangs in again.

Not only is he an arsehole for biting, he's a double-arsehole for then feigning injury. Football can muddle on without him, I'm sure.

coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

Both really and sometimes at the same time.

Why do you think they have to reset so often?
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

I hate him - all that is wrong with the EPL in one player.

Suarez should be shown videos of 9 year olds diving in games.

E
 coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Very disappointing as he's obviously a class player.

I'd sort of of started to come round after the Chelsea incident with him being voted for the awards and stuff but this just seals it for me.

It seems that he just can't control himself.
 Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

I don't understand rugby terminology, but looking at the size of some farmers fingers in Wales, I understand.
 gd303uk 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Suarez sporting liverpools new kit.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10487233_8053...
Post edited at 20:27
In reply to coinneach:

> Very disappointing as he's obviously a class player.

> I'd sort of of started to come round after the Chelsea incident with him being voted for the awards and stuff but this just seals it for me.

> It seems that he just can't control himself.

Supposedly he's facing a 2 year ban.. which is the most FIFA can ban him for, it seems like they think that's from football.

coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

My son plays under 13/14 football and I can't honestly say I've seen a kid "dive" in a game since he started playing. That's going back to when he was about 7.

Although they have to wear different coloured boots and skin tight thermals and, of course gloves ( Nike ) when it's cold they're actively discouraged by coaches and refs from diving.
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

> Very non-disappointing as he's obviously a crass player.

Class!?!.. Fixed that for you.

Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

I thought Suarez's man marking was first class
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

I've seen it and all my friends back in East Lancs are really depressed by it.

My overiding image from the tv footage of all the games I've watched so far is players rolling around on the floor clutching their leg.

Footballers pretend they're injured, rugby players and cyclists pretend they're not.

E
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

> Very disappointing as he's obviously a class player.

>

He's got as much class as the last turd I just coiled out. Scum!

E
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

> He's got as much class as the last turd I just coiled out. Scum!

Oh, be fair now... Don't be so disparaging about your turd!

gd303uk 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:
hehe,
me too
Post edited at 20:44
 Glyno 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

what if... opposing players actually refused to play against him?

could this happen?
 coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Glyno:

The England defence did a few nights ago.

In reply to Sl@te Head: is there a finer way to kill a career than after Jamie Theakston had it away with that floozy back in the day?

Skol 24 Jun 2014
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
A new terrace song?
Suarez, he's a rabid dog
Suarez, he only wants a snog
Suarez, he's got bad teeth
Suarez, he's got no beef

Just made that up
 coinneach 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Talking "class" as in footballing ability rather than as a human being.
In reply to Enty:

Rugby players certainly have their issues.. the minority will dive.. cyclists? come drugs are still an issue.. and cheating has been condoned for years..
In reply to coinneach:

FIFA have confirmed any ban could be club and country..

It would be pretty toothless if it was just international as it would barely impact on his earning potential..
mick taylor 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

pun intended?
andyathome 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Not sure. Was it?
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to coinneach:

Fair point.

E
andyathome 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Sorry. My mistake. UKC has decided that it was and that he should be executed.

Get a grip, boys.
 Enty 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> Rugby players certainly have their issues.. the minority will dive.. cyclists? come drugs are still an issue.. and cheating has been condoned for years..

Whatever you do Iain, if you're going to start defending stuff like this - take a shovel with you mate.

E
 earlsdonwhu 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head: Utterly gross and very odd behaviour which will earn a long ban. However, just like being spat at, if I were a professional player, I would prefer someone to bite or spit than to launch into a horrendous two footed tackle which may well end my career. Such a tackle would get a red card and a 3 match ban 'only'.

In reply to andyathome:
Yeah you are right.. its not clear at all.. get a grip.. come on. Its like me as a Man Utd fan standing their claiming Keane was going for the ball on Haaland.. or Cantona never touched the fan.

Livepool echo is worth following, good updates, sounds like Liverpool have little stomach for this after the last time they tried to defend him.

I've not seen one person, apart from you, actually suggest it wasn't a bite..

Nope i'm wrong..

Diego Lugano: Diego Lugano has defended his teammate:

"You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years?

"You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened."

Post edited at 21:25
In reply to Enty:

I've never defended these people.. just think they are the minority.. but also why its so good to watch.. like pantani.. armstrong.. just makes superb viewing. This is what happens in sport, people f*cking up, getting caught in the moment and making arses of themselves wanting to win.
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> Utterly gross and very odd behaviour which will earn a long ban. However, just like being spat at, if I were a professional player, I would prefer someone to bite or spit than to launch into a horrendous two footed tackle which may well end my career. Such a tackle would get a red card and a 3 match ban 'only'.

sort of agree.. but 3 times?
 mark s 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

points need taking off Uruguay,if that means them going home then tough,let the people who think he is a hero wipe their hands of him
In reply to mark s:

That almost certainly won't happen.. 99.99%.. remember they have only gone through because somehow Godin wasn't sent off against England..

FIFA almost never change results, even when players have played doped up.. when Wales failed to qualify..
 mark s 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

a shame,lets see if fifa can regain a little credibility with this latest episode
 earlsdonwhu 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:
Yes he seems to be a cereal (sic) offender.
In reply to mark s:

> a shame,lets see if fifa can regain a little credibility with this latest episode

I think he'll escape with a monstrous international ban.. and Barca will sign him.. who have been banned from signing players, yet appealed.. and FIFA backed down..

FIFA are toothless.. they'd learn a lot from Suarez..
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> FIFA are toothless.. they'd learn a lot from Suarez..

birdie num num 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Giorgio Chiellini would have tasted better if there was some Parmesan cheese
 Alan M 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> I think he'll escape with a monstrous international ban.. and Barca will sign him.. who have been banned from signing players, yet appealed.. and FIFA backed down..

> FIFA are toothless.. they'd learn a lot from Suarez..

The biting incident is shocking and needs to be punished. However,

I don't think Liverpool will sell people are talking about morals but the simple fact is he is integral to Liverpool being competitive next season. No business will sell their most valuable asset based on a subjective topic such as 'Morals' and risk blowing a massive financial hole in its books for the next few years. Luis Suarez is the difference between Liverpool competing for the league and finishing 6th or 7th.

If United had him it would propel them to being genuine league contenders do you really think they would sell and risk another few years out of the top 4?

If he was at united, arsenal, chelsea, real madrid, Barcelona or anyone I guarantee they would not be selling over this incident. The fact that other clubs such as Madrid and Barcelona are even contemplating £80m (according to the papers) bids with his past record shows that Liverpool would be foolish to sell. If he was at Barca or Madrid already they wouldn't be sending him to another club.
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

Yeah, you're absolutely right of course... If his future club just makes the effort to feed the reserves to him, before he takes to the pitch, then none of this stuff ought to be highlighted in the first place?
In reply to Alan M:

> The biting incident is shocking and needs to be punished. However,

> I don't think Liverpool will sell people are talking about morals but the simple fact is he is integral to Liverpool being competitive next season. No business will sell their most valuable asset based on a subjective topic such as 'Morals' and risk blowing a massive financial hole in its books for the next few years. Luis Suarez is the difference between Liverpool competing for the league and finishing 6th or 7th.

> If United had him it would propel them to being genuine league contenders do you really think they would sell and risk another few years out of the top 4?

> If he was at united, arsenal, chelsea, real madrid, Barcelona or anyone I guarantee they would not be selling over this incident. The fact that other clubs such as Madrid and Barcelona are even contemplating £80m (according to the papers) bids with his past record shows that Liverpool would be foolish to sell. If he was at Barca or Madrid already they wouldn't be sending him to another club.

I think it depends on the ban and his age..

I always found the Stam drugs case a strange coincidence.. I wonder how much United knew and cut loose..

With Rio, he was young enough to cope and give us service.

We'll see, Liverpool are a brand, you can gloss over mistakes, repeat offences.. 3 repeat offences and a racism issue? Remember Liverpool only finally acted when it started to be an issue in the US..

I think it depends on the ban.. Anything less than a one year ban he'll stay.

But I think it will be incredible if this isn't a total ban due it being his 4th serious offence..
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I'd be interested in hearing his thoughts on who tasted best.
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Really hope that he stays at Liverpool, so that we get to hear the reception at away matches next season. Having dumped England out of the World Cup, and indulging in a little, light cannibalism again, what's not to like?... Of course, we can also all hope to sing Happy Birthday to Yaya too? Happy days.
In reply to Clauso:

Yaya's had a go again about the death of his brother, clearly issues between him and the club.

I hope he goes as I think he's superb… I love watching him as he has that play ground ability.. but I'm actually gob smacked that he did this.. you've got to say its only a matter of time until he's banned for a long long time even if he escapes this..

He'll be the most wound up player in the world from now on..
 Alan M 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> I think it depends on the ban and his age..

> I always found the Stam drugs case a strange coincidence.. I wonder how much United knew and cut loose..

> With Rio, he was young enough to cope and give us service.

> We'll see, Liverpool are a brand, you can gloss over mistakes, repeat offences.. 3 repeat offences and a racism issue? Remember Liverpool only finally acted when it started to be an issue in the US..

> I think it depends on the ban.. Anything less than a one year ban he'll stay.

> But I think it will be incredible if this isn't a total ban due it being his 4th serious offence..

Iain, I think you talk sense but I can't help feel that it would be foolish for Liverpool to let Suarez go on a morals issue. As it stand he has disgraced himself and Country not Liverpool Football Club. Yes there is an association with Liverpool but this incident is purely for the player and his country to sort out. Liverpool just need to release some statements saying he's an arse and a prick but we will, as a club help him with his demons and get him the psychological help he needs etc.

The Stam episode was and is interesting but again United could afford (player wise and stature as a club) to absorb the loss of Stam from your team and squad Liverpool can't do that. Back in the early 2000's when the Stam thing happened United where arguably the biggest club in the world meaning they could attract anyone. Liverpool even with Champions league football next season and our finances are competing in the second tier of international footballers. For Liverpool to be competitive next season they need Suarez and significant investment in the playing squad. To lose Suarez, yes it might give an extra £80m to play with but the team for next season will be seriously weakened meaning at best a top for 4 is what we can hope for. Significant investment and Suarez means a title challenge is arguably the minimum the club aims at etc.

I agree in that any decision from Liverpool will be based on finances and as it stand in mu opinion it would be a financial disaster to sell him based on morals. Like I say morals are subjective!! As a Liverpool supporter I expect to lose Suarez at some point but it needs to be at a time when the playing squad and our stature can absorb the loss, we simply can't afford it at this moment in time.

I think the ban may be the full 24 games in all competitions etc though I still think that any ban affecting the domestic games will be less than the 5 he served at the start of last season.
Clauso 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Cantona was also gifted and bonkers, but even he had the sense not to assault spectators again... Suarez seems to have a taste for his favoured transgression. Send him down.
In reply to Alan M:
We'll see.. just saw Liverpools FC's match report.. no mention.

He's older than Bale so I'm not sure he'll go for much more than Bale, if even the same amount.. Ronaldo and Bale signed at 24, Suarez is 27.. another season or two and his value will drop considerably.

We signed RVP for 24 million when he was just 29, admittedly he was also in the last year of his contract.. but if they want the 60-80 million he needs to go soon..
Post edited at 23:11
In reply to Clauso:

> Cantona was also gifted and bonkers, but even he had the sense not to assault spectators again... Suarez seems to have a taste for his favoured transgression. Send him down.

Yeah.. I'm not sure one more transgression would have been tolerated. But he did reform and become the captain of the team and I'm not sure if he was even sent off after that?

There was talk of Suarez being reformed but a year later and its now 4 big incidents in 4 years..
 Alan M 24 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> We'll see.. just saw Liverpools FC's match report.. no mention.

> He's older than Bale so I'm not sure he'll go for much more than Bale, if even the same amount.. Ronaldo and Bale signed at 24, Suarez is 27.. another season or two and his value will drop considerably.

> We signed RVP for 24 million when he was just 29, admittedly he was also in the last year of his contract.. but if they want the 60-80 million he needs to go soon..

That's the thing, I don't think the club needs a one of 60-80 million. He was bought at 22-23 million but what he delivers in potentially firing the club in to champions league or bringing in TV revenue as his goals keep us in the hunt such as last season meaning Liverpool received more tv revenue than any other premier league team etc is far more valuable than a one of payment of 60-80million which weakens the playing squad. If Liverpool keep him for one more season he fires us in the champions league again, helps us compete for the league and get through the group stages of the champions league etc. It gives the club 2 seasons to improve the squad with high quality players as we are competitive to lose him at 28/29 for say 30 million would be acceptable.

People are getting hung up on the one of transfer fee the longer game over atleast one more season is more important for Liverpools development.

drunken monkey 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

"remember they have only gone through because somehow Godin wasn't sent off against England.."

Surely yer taking the p1sh here Iain?
 MikeTS 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I think he is dentally deranged. What would be a head butt for other people, with his jaw and being a bit short, for him turns into bites.
So he needs buildup shoes and a good orthodontist.
 dek 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Ive no sympathy for them....The Italians should be taken the advice to use 100% DEET.
 earlsdonwhu 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

At least Suarez showed some bite in the tackle, has had a taste of success and has a hunger to do well. I haven't rewatched the whole game but maybe Chiellini had a nibble earlier and Suarez acted in revenge?
Removed User 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

> I'd love to hear what Mr Rodgers has to say

This episode has just reminded me of Rodger's comment the week before Suarez came back from his last ban. He was being interviewed and was asked if Suarez was looking forward to playing again when his ban ended. Rodgers said "he (Suarez) was chomping at the bit", oh how I laughed.

Dave Garnett 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Isn't this all a bit of an over-reaction? Yes, it's not nice and there's almost certainly a rule against it but how much damage is actually done? It's not like he chewed anyone's face off; he's more likely to inflict permanent injury to his teeth than to an opponent.

It does seem to be some sort of stress-induced compulsion rather than any intention to cause real injury, but I'm not sure it's any more serious than deliberately kicking someone.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/it-wasnt-as-if-suarez-b...
 Mike Stretford 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Isn't this all a bit of an over-reaction?

Nah, I'd say the reaction is appropriate from what I've seen (the mash doesn't always hit the nail). Third time he's done it and at a world cup, it's bound to be a talking point.

I think a healthy aversion to biting in general and in football is a good thing to maintain, there might be other bad things that happen but that's no excuse to lower the bar.
 wynaptomos 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Mike Stretford:

> Nah, I'd say the reaction is appropriate from what I've seen (the mash doesn't always hit the nail). Third time he's done it and at a world cup, it's bound to be a talking point.

> I think a healthy aversion to biting in general and in football is a good thing to maintain, there might be other bad things that happen but that's no excuse to lower the bar.

Well, the bar has been set pretty low it has to be said. I do agree that Suarez should receive quite a hefty ban however it does seem strange to me that they should take such a dim view of this incident while seemingly turning a blind eye to all the other cheating that goes on.
 Banned User 77 25 Jun 2014

I don't think so… a one off bite? we're talking about a guy who had bitten a player 3 times.. there is a disease risk to consider.

But biting is one of those things which are just out of order, and to do it 3 times is just very very strange.. can you think of one other example?
In reply to wynaptomos:

> Well, the bar has been set pretty low it has to be said. I do agree that Suarez should receive quite a hefty ban however it does seem strange to me that they should take such a dim view of this incident while seemingly turning a blind eye to all the other cheating that goes on.

I think diving is incomparable to biting...
In reply to drunken monkey:

> "remember they have only gone through because somehow Godin wasn't sent off against England.."

> Surely yer taking the p1sh here Iain?

No.. its just how things happen.. they have had the luck this tournament.. two players who clearly should have been sent off… and that player then scores..

You see it all the time..
 wynaptomos 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> I think diving is incomparable to biting...

Not saying it's the same level of severity at all but the diving and trying to get players booked and sent off is so widespread and getting worse because the authorities do nothing about it. So frustrating......
 Dave Garnett 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to Dave Garnett)
>
> I don't think so¡K a one off bite? we're talking about a guy who had bitten a player 3 times.. there is a disease risk to consider.

Really? Does he ever draw blood?

>
> But biting is one of those things which are just out of order, and to do it 3 times is just very very strange.. can you think of one other example?

I agree, it's out of order and frankly weird. And yes, I guess he should be punished in some way, to the extent that any off-the-ball assault would be punished. But doesn't it come under the weird and daft category rather than weird and life-threatening?

In reply to wynaptomos:

I do agree it should happen.. I just think biting is that bit just not on,

If a kid bit another kid once they'd be told off.. twice they'd probably have their parents in.. three times you'd be seriously concerned about the kids mental health..

> Really? Does he ever draw blood? That's true he's just a little rascal..

> I agree, it's out of order and frankly weird. And yes, I guess he should be punished in some way, to the extent that any off-the-ball assault would be punished. But doesn't it come under the weird and daft category rather than weird and life-threatening?

You guess he should be punished…

Gobsmacked..
Post edited at 13:48

In Rugby he'd get a total ban from the sport, which FIFA can give out..

Google Johan Le Roux.. 18 month ban..

His bite was worse, but this was a 3rd offence..
 peppermill 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Part of me wishes the Italian bloke had just flattened him, but I guess that would be out of order too!

I read some article this morning that said an international ban might actually make him more valuable if Liverpool get rid, as he'd never have to be released for Uruguay duties, but that's probably bollox.

I'd love to see him try this sort of thing in the SPL!
Ste Brom 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

The man was born 3 hours away from Fray Bentos. You have to have a penchant for human flesh eating those things.
 drunken monkey 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Luck? They deserved to beat England and Italy. Nothing to do with luck.

Although I reckon Suarez will be on a plane out of Brazil soon enough.
I don't think they did..

They should have been down to 10 men.. it was a pretty even game, we dominated possession, more chances, more efforts on target, hit the bar, missed chances..

It was a very even game.. they had two great chances and scored due to a class player..

Remove a man who should have been sent off and I think we'd have won.. but I don't think they were particularly a better team.. played the game cleverer than us, a more mature team would have won, we made silly errors.

But if you dominate possession (62% to 38%), have more chances, you should win…

And against Italy I think the game swung on two sending off decisions..

In two games Uruguay got the refs call for two decisions when they should have been red, therefore they were lucky.. had the linesman or ref seen Suarez he'd have walked.. therefore they were lucky..
Post edited at 15:44

These are the stats, we had 13 shots to their 10, 8 on target to their 6, 62% of possession to their 38%, their keeper made 7 saves, ours 4, they made 17 fouls to our 12.

And they should have had a player sent off.. they still did well because they took their chances, but they rode their luck with the Rooney header onto the bar, the clear sending off..

Good teams take advantage of that, and England paid from having possession and efforts on target, not taking them but then making the errors that they did not do. But it's hard to argue Godin shouldn't have been sent off.. he could have gone for the handball alone, but the second arm across the man was cynical and should have been a yellow..

That's why I'm not too disappointed, I don't think things are that wrong, we lose possession too much, we make mistakes defensively but we're also not cynical enough, we need to start bringing men down more, they knew how to take players out early to stifle attacks.. South Americans, Italians do that and its something we need to bring into our game. Not be nasty, just drag a man down when he's at the half way.. its how we should have ended Maradona's run back in 86 so nothing new…

wynaptomos 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Seems like Suarez has some history with Chiellini. Anyone seen these shots from last year's Confederations Cup:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2109085-did-luis-suarez-attempt-to-bite-...

In reply to IainRUK:
We been waiting a while for England to emulate the likes of Spain and Italy.
Post edited at 16:32
Douglas Griffin 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> we make mistakes defensively but we're also not cynical enough

More than one blatant dive by Sturridge in the Uruguay game, I seem to recall. So there's something to build on.
In reply to IainRUK:

> we're also not cynical enough, we need to start bringing men down more, they knew how to take players out early to stifle attacks.. South Americans, Italians do that and its something we need to bring into our game. Not be nasty, just drag a man down when he's at the half way.. its how we should have ended Maradona's run back in 86 so nothing new…

I don't think we'll ever get that with Roy, he's a nice guy, safe pair of hands ect. Van Gaal, however....can't wait for next season.
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

> More than one blatant dive by Sturridge in the Uruguay game, I seem to recall. So there's something to build on.

Its not that.. I think thats different from cynical fouls..

There's a difference because you aren't trying to deceive the ref, its like collapsing scrums in rugby, hands on in the ruck, slowing down play if there is no support..

Its why I'd no issues witH Suarez's actions against Ghana last time, he did what he had to do and I'd hope any player would do the same.. his actions afterwards weren't great.. but understandable, he just wanted to win.

Diving is cheating because you are trying to mislead the ref.. a cynical foul isn't.

We'll see diving more and more, I dislike home commentators calling it 'professional'.. or 'he drew the challenge and went over to win the foul'.. we should call it for what it is whoever it is..

But I do think we need to start being cuter.
 Coel Hellier 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> Diving is cheating because you are trying to mislead the ref.. a cynical foul isn't.

Deliberately breaking the rules is not cheating?

> But I do think we need to start being cuter.

What we need in football is an extra referee sitting there watching video replays, with the power to award yellow or red cards whenever he chooses. This would not hold play up, the game would be played and refereed as now, but the extra referee could award cards at will (the on-field ref could also leave the card decision to the extra referee, if he was not sure).
Lusk 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Hahaha...I've noticed you've picked up on new word, Cute and its variations!

You ARE the CEO of the FA and I'm claiming my £5.
In reply to Coel Hellier:

> Deliberately breaking the rules is not cheating?

Diving is a tricky one IMO. Referee guidance has changed over the years to give more advantage to the attacking player, so there's this grey area. How hard should a player try and stay on his feet? Now I can already hear the shouts... 'has hard as he can', but then he misses the opportunity and gets nothing. Blatant diving is punishable but realistically you need video, which brings us to your second point.

> What we need in football is an extra referee sitting there watching video replays, with the power to award yellow or red cards whenever he chooses. This would not hold play up, the game would be played and refereed as now, but the extra referee could award cards at will (the on-field ref could also leave the card decision to the extra referee, if he was not sure).

The excuse has always been the game should be playable the world over in the same format, but now we've got 'goal line tech' and shaving foam for free kicks that line has been crossed, so maybe it's coming.
In reply to Sl@te Head: Messi's havin a good game!

> Deliberately breaking the rules is not cheating?

> What we need in football is an extra referee sitting there watching video replays, with the power to award yellow or red cards whenever he chooses. This would not hold play up, the game would be played and refereed as now, but the extra referee could award cards at will (the on-field ref could also leave the card decision to the extra referee, if he was not sure).

No because you are punished.. I think its a bit strong to anyone who does an obvious foul a cheat.. if it was constant, maybe, but just the odd cynical foul.. I think that's different to diving, drugs, fake blood.. where you deliberately mislead.
 george mc 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Could have been worse - read down to the paragraph starting - "In the midst of the battle Ewen was separated from his men, after following a few of the enemy into the woods where he killed two or three of them with his "own hand." As fate would have it the English officer who had commanded the party had also fled in this direction..."

http://www.clan-cameron.org/battles/1654.html
 Enty 25 Jun 2014
In reply to george mc:
> Could have been worse - read down to the paragraph starting - "In the midst of the battle Ewen was separated from his men, after following a few of the enemy into the woods where he killed two or three of them with his "own hand." As fate would have it the English officer who had commanded the party had also fled in this direction..."

Perfect!!

It is said that in the fight for life and death that mankind reverts to its earliest traits,

Post edited at 19:32
In reply to Enty:

You've got to feel sorry for poor vilified Suarez..

'We don't have any doubts that this has happened because it's Suarez and secondly because Italy was eliminated,' Balbi, who is also a Uruguay FA board member, told local Uruguayan radio.
'There's a lot of pressure from England and Italy. We’re polishing off a defence argument.
'There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we're convinced that it was an absolutely casual play, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suarez can show a bruised and almost shut eye."

It was "casual play"..

Lusk 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Oh well, shit happens!
In a couple of months time, us Mancs will be turning our attention to...is the downfall frozen yet.
 Coel Hellier 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> I think its a bit strong to anyone who does an obvious foul a cheat..

A deliberate foul is to me deliberate cheating. The idea that it is OK to deliberately foul so long as you accept the punishment is exactly what is wrong with football today. The rules about punishing fouls are there to compensate the opposition for accidental fouls, not to make deliberate fouling a part of the game. IMO they need to keep increasing the penalties for deliberate breaking of the rules until it is stamped out. An extra video ref could do that.

And in Rugby? You deliberately slow the game down? Cricket? Body line?

I think there is a difference between unsportsman like behaviour and cheating..

They have increased punishments hugely, 20 years ago getting a booking was nigh on impossible.. no its expected a player will get 2-3-4 a year..
 winhill 25 Jun 2014

> A deliberate foul is to me deliberate cheating. The idea that it is OK to deliberately foul so long as you accept the punishment is exactly what is wrong with football today. The rules about punishing fouls are there to compensate the opposition for accidental fouls, not to make deliberate fouling a part of the game. IMO they need to keep increasing the penalties for deliberate breaking of the rules until it is stamped out.

It's actually ok to deliberately foul someone and NOT accept any punishment, the rules are there for the ref to enforce, not players to obey. If the ref doesn't see it, or it's 50-50 decision then you get away with it. Football's a physical game not a pub quiz to see who can lawyer the rules to their advantage. This much harder in today's game than it's ever been.
 Coel Hellier 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> And in Rugby? You deliberately slow the game down? Cricket? Body line?

None of those is deliberately breaking the laws (bodyline would be now, but wasn't at the time).

> I think there is a difference between unsportsman like behaviour and cheating..

Yes, and unsportsman-like behaviour is one thing, deliberately breaking the laws by a "professional foul" is cheating.

> They have increased punishments hugely, 20 years ago getting a booking was nigh on impossible..
> no its expected a player will get 2-3-4 a year..

Big deal, a yellow by itself is pretty irrelevant from the point of view of the team. Even if the player gets a ban, there's expected squad-rotation anyhow so it's hardly a big issue. How about a video ref handing out ten-min sin bins?
 winhill 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Interstingly, on the deadline for Suarez's lawyer to get his defence in, if Suarez is punished, he can appeal to the court of arbitration and is considered elligible to play until the CAS has heard the appeal.

So with the next game Saturday, they'll have to whiz through the appeal, or perhaps a one month ban would suffice to get him out of the world cup and be short enough to deny him a right of appeal. Lawyers will be busy.

I think sin bins would work.. I don't know why we don't have them. I was playing 7's last week and if you questioned a ref impolitely, touched a ball once it had gone out of touch that wasn't your ball.. you walked for 2 minutes.. not long but in 7 minute halves it makes it easy to score.

In rugby they always deliberately foul, hands in the ruck, deliberate knock ons.. feeding of the ball..

You always push the ref as far as he possibly can go at lest, but sometimes do make deliberate fouls because the alternative is more of a negative..

lets not forget cricketers are always trying to intimidate, verbals, plus tampering with the ball, plus corruption… all sports have their issues..

I actually think in terms of fairness, openness the actual game (at pitch level) football is one of the farers sports.. obviously once we get to FA/UEFA/FIFA that falls down..

But cycling, rugby, and cricket are held up as some virtuous sports when both are full of cheats. Rugby has a huge issue with PEDS.. in addition to other issues.
andymac 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
After a day of dust settling ,just how serious was this?Not as bad as one of Steven Gerrards man and ball tackles.

I remember Young Mr Rooney (the horrible little shit) trying to elbow James McCarthy (Wigan) to the danger of his life.

Much more serious ,and he got off scot free.

Most distressing event I seen on a sports field was John Eales repeatedly getting his eyes gouged by some Frenchies at the Rugby World Cup.
Post edited at 21:40
In reply to Enty:
Thanks.. it's OK quite enjoyed Suarez's little show..

AndyMac:

I disagree.. There is a considerable disease risk from sliver.. hepatitis etc.. I know minimal but you just cannot condone it.. we're not talking about a one off..

I think some level of violence is expected in football.. even the odd punch, my nose is broken in about 3 places from various kicks, stamps in my time as a keeper and playing rugby, just part of the game.. a bite? I'd go after the man and kick 7 shades out of him..

Look at rugby, players have thrown punches and received a months ban.. weeks off.. a bite and they have a range of months to years of examples given out, so rugby also views it as inexcusable..

And McCarthy?? come on, he's the guy who nearly cut off a guys leg..

He's done it once.. been banned for 7 games.. done it twice been banned for 10 games.. he must be looking at a 15-20 game ban at a minimum, but I read today FIFA may look at this as a first offence as the others weren't in internationals.. so he could get a 3 game ban… that would be incredible….

Valencia just did a horrid challenge.. those tackles should be red whether he wins the ball or not…
Post edited at 22:10
Clauso 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> Valencia just did a horrid challenge.. those tackles should be red whether he wins the ball or not…

Really didn't think that it looked quite 'that' bad. The French bloke next to me disagrees.
In reply to Clauso:
No he stamped on the ball and then went over the guys leg.. you have to go and he knew it
Post edited at 22:31
Clauso 25 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

We'll agree to differ... If Antonio had bitten his opponent's shin, instead of merely 'allegedly' attempting to cripple him, then he'd have doubtless got away with it?
 IMA 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Late to the party, thought I'd let the bad jokes and bitterness etc go first (if it even appeared?!)

He is an odd one and probably needs to see a clinical pysc rather than Peters (sport shrink at LFC). It is a proper brain doesn't function due to adrenalin or something so he goes primal.

As an LFC fan would I sell him? No, most valuable asset in the team, can win games from nothing and football is about winning at the end of the day. Since he came back after his last ban, he had a pretty good season behavior wise. Some will say he dived here or niggled there however that is part of the sport these days whether we want it or not. There are players in various leagues who do enough cynical and dangerous fouls in a season to be of greater danger, we just see a bite as a lot worse. Perhaps it is but it is probably of lesser danger but the media will ensure we don't see that.

For a ban I'd like to see the best part of 2 years so he misses a meaningful tournament. Yes it could be of benefit to a club but that isn't what I would be aiming at. Not actually sure what Fifa can do with regards to playing for the club, but I would like to see LFC help with professional help.
 Banned User 77 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IMA:

He can certainly be banned from club games, but thats never happened.. it still actually seems unclear if FIFA will take into account the other two events which will be poor..

I do think you are right though, any ban has to be significant.. 15 games or so and not missing something major isn't.. 10 games didn't work..

He'll be a marked man now though..
 Glyno 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IMA:

> Since he came back after his last ban, he had a pretty good season behavior wise.

yes, he managed to go the remainder of the season without biting anyone, well done that man!
I can eat 50 eggs 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
It's difficult not to get cross about Suarez. In my opinion we should have a zero tolerance approach from now on. The guy has racially abused someone and bitten the opposition three times. A member of the public would be going to prison right?

For me the racism was worthy of a season long ban. Now, after his fourth display of unspeakable vileness I think a two year ban at least. If it was up to me I'd ban him from football (and the United Kingdom) for life!!
Post edited at 06:38
 Enty 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IMA:

>

> As an LFC fan would I sell him? No, most valuable asset in the team, can win games from nothing and football is about winning at the end of the day.

Here's the problem.

E
 IMA 26 Jun 2014
In reply to I can eat 50 eggs:

Regarding the racism and prison, there wouldn't have been enough evidence for the CPS to even go to trial never mind convict. He may be a racist but that is unclear currently and the benefit of doubt is probably fair given that many ex and current team mates all said they didn't feel he was.

Glyno, what I was attempting to point (poorly) was perhaps (and until WC viewing) had the man become a better person? People can change surely?

Oddly from this mornings news FIFA seem to find it all inconclusive for a guilty verdict.

IainRUK, I do wonder what a fair ban in the Premier League would be, given the inconsistency of punishments by the FA and FIFA. No idea where biting is on the list of crimes. Actual bodily harm perhaps? third time in court would land someone 6 months perhaps (all complete guesses btw!) so perhaps a ban for half the season?
 mark s 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

i dont understand how some can a bite is not that big an issue

for a start he has done it twice before and didnt learn his lesson.
i would rather someone punch me in the face than bite or spit at me,biting is the lowest of the low.a punch would show you know its undisputed what you have done,he did that in a way so as he hoped it would go unseen.
 malk 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

haha- i was hoping nmanews would report on this..

youtube.com/watch?v=lvCnFZeQSrc&
In reply to Sl@te Head:

wish I had this mans foresight...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28020605
 felt 26 Jun 2014
In reply to mark s:

> i would rather someone punch me in the face than bite or spit at me,biting is the lowest of the low.

Spitting is lower than biting.

In descending order:
A nick with a duelling sword
A punch
A slap
A bite
Being spat at
In reply to mick taylor:

There seems to be some evidence that the bite marks were photoshopped.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/26/luis-suarez-bite-photoshop_n_553...
 felt 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Or that the unbitemarks were photoshopped.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
I'm not convinced at all.. I think it's pretty clear from the defenders reaction.. That wasn't a dive it was a yelp in pain.. Then Suarez dived... And strangely held his teeth..

Gordon did you read that article?

It actually says there is no evidence... Pics taken directly from film from other angles show the same bite marks..
Post edited at 13:59
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Seeing the video, Suarez appeared to know exacty what he was doing - and why. He hoped to provoke the Italian player in to lashing out at him thus earning a red card and a penalty. Cynical doesn't come close.

When you consider racing cyclists can get a 12 month ban for a relatively minor (and inadvertent) doping infringement, and a life ban for a second offence, given Suarez' past record I would have thought a life ban from football to be approriate. It would certainly send out a message that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated anywhere in the world.

With regards to counselling -- he's got enough money to pay for it himself!
OP Sl@te Head 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

It's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out..

As expected lots of opinions on here, in the media and elsewhere; which begs the question that after his brilliant 2 goals which dumped England out of the World Cup is he likely to get any sympathy or even an unbiased opinion from England fans & media? or indeed anyone who fears Liverpool with Suarez in the Premiership?

Just for the record I'm Welsh and a Liverpool (& Suarez) fan.

In reply to IainRUK:

No, sorry, didn't read the article. And yes, of course, genuine bitemarks could have been photoshopped out.
 tony 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> It's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out..

> As expected lots of opinions on here, in the media and elsewhere; which begs the question that after his brilliant 2 goals which dumped England out of the World Cup is he likely to get any sympathy or even an unbiased opinion from England fans & media? or indeed anyone who fears Liverpool with Suarez in the Premiership?

A vaguely comparable situation would be Christiano Ronaldo's reception after he was responsible for getting Rooney sent off - he was hated for a few games, and then it was pretty much back to normal.

Of course, with Suarez it's a bit different, partly because he's got previous, and also because he's a total c*nt.
Clauso 26 Jun 2014
In reply to tony:

> ... and also because he's a total c*nt.

That's a bit harsh on c*nts!

In reply to Sl@te Head:
I don't think thats a factor.. Plenty of players have knocked england out and been well received, Klinsmann for one..

It's his third biting infringement, can you think of one other from another player? I can't of hand, add that a guy found guilty of racism?

I've got no issues with what he did against Ghana.. that's just part of the game…

But I think his other 3 big infringements mean he should face a long ban from football.. 7, 8 and 10 game bans in the past from just one aspect have obviously not been successful..

When he gets back he'll be a marked man, any player who is that good and reacts so badly will be.. Rooney is, you know some players are volatile so you get at them, most have that mean streak, its how they survive and also what makes them be so good.. RVP, Rooney, Scholes, Hughes all have their moments… Gerrard certainly does, so did Henry and Bergkamp.. Of the modern top pro's I can only think of Lampard who does seem to play genuinely fairly. But its nothing new, Best and Pele had their moments.. Keegan did..

Few are hated, Keane was as obviously he went way too far, way too often.. but even he tried to calm later in his career.. strangely Cantona ended up being quite well liked for his unprecedented attack.. but I think there was some begrudging respect that he just would not take abuse.. he still calls it the greatest moment of his career…
Post edited at 14:42
In reply to tony:

> A vaguely comparable situation would be Christiano Ronaldo's reception after he was responsible for getting Rooney sent off - he was hated for a few games, and then it was pretty much back to normal.

> Of course, with Suarez it's a bit different, partly because he's got previous, and also because he's a total c*nt.

I think also with Ronaldo, and it was also Carvalho at chelsea wasn't it? there was an acceptance that what ever they did, it was Rooney's fault.. Rooney was even instrumental in keeping him at Old Trafford as he contacted him afterwards to say there were no hard feelings about it and as soon as United fans saw them playing together it was all pretty much forgotten.
Clauso 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Always carry snacks,
save your fellow man
from your crazy mouth attacks.
Oh Luis, we all get hungry

https://soundcloud.com/tomrosenthal1/hey-luis-dont-bite-me
In reply to Clauso:

9 match ban for LS
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

It's like history repeating itself. Out for first 2/3 months of the domestic season by all accounts.

As a Liverpool fan I'm weary of it.

Rickie Lambert, your time has come son!
In reply to Rampikino:

Should have flogged him to Arsenal when they triggered the release clause...they would have won the title with him upfront last season and they would be sweating on it now
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

9 league games plus any league cup and champions league games in that period.

And his World Cup is over.

In reply to Rampikino:
dont think he can have any complaints. Can he appeal? and if so, will that mean he can play until appeal is heard?
edit* he can appeal but ban will be upheld for WC so no more Suarez in Brasil and he will miss 3 months of Liverpools season which is 9 domestic games and a few CL games i would imagine
Post edited at 15:08
Clauso 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Yeah, the official FIFA statement is "Suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity. Ordered to have all teeth removed."

Fairly robust.
Douglas Griffin 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

He was braced for that.
In reply to Rampikino:

> It's like history repeating itself. Out for first 2/3 months of the domestic season by all accounts.

> As a Liverpool fan I'm weary of it.

> Rickie Lambert, your time has come son!

I don't think its enough.. as two months of that there will be little to no football..

But its still a big statement.. harsh on Liverpool as I think they dealt with him well after the last one, and obviously have done little wrong, but I think a total football ban was needed.
 IMA 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

By the time the lawyers get involved to increase their fees and appeal, probably end up at 3 months, maybe less it is FIFA. Good old lawyers earning their keep
In reply to Clauso:

> Yeah, the official FIFA statement is "Suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity.

Wonder if that includes training with his club? I can't imagine him being welcomed with open arms at pre-season training camps.
Clauso 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Apparently, Liverpool F.C. are standing by him and, in a show of solidarity, are planning to replace You'll Never Walk Alone with the theme from Jaws, for when the team takes to the pitch next season.
Post edited at 15:20
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> dont think he can have any complaints. Can he appeal? and if so, will that mean he can play until appeal is heard?

> edit* he can appeal but ban will be upheld for WC so no more Suarez in Brasil and he will miss 3 months of Liverpools season which is 9 domestic games and a few CL games i would imagine

I wonder if he'll appeal.. you run the risk of the ban being extended.. and I think it could have been a lot lot worse..

> Wonder if that includes training with his club? I can't imagine him being welcomed with open arms at pre-season training camps.

Cantona could still train, but I think we had issues over even closed door games..

According to a Guardian comment:

Luis Suárez has now been banned for 39 matches since 2010 without receiving a single red card
Bite one: 7 matches
Bite two: 10 matches
Bite three: 9 internationals and 13 club (9 league, 1 League Cup and 3 Champions League)

3 CL games could be expensive.. depends on the draw they get.
Post edited at 15:25
Clauso 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

They're gonna struggle to find additional competitions to ban him from when Bite Four rolls around...
 PeterM 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

> Apparently, Liverpool F.C. are standing by him and, in a show of solidarity, are planning to replace You'll Never Walk Alone with the theme from Jaws, for when the team takes to the pitch next season.

Surely they could amend it to be 'You'll Never Chomp Alone' ?
Ste Brom 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

He's doing the shampoo with Joe Hart, 'Head and bloody shoulders'.
 IMA 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Think it is just the stadium he is banned from. Would be interesting to know what his LFC team mates actually think of it/him.
In reply to IMA:
I doubt Liverpool will appeal.. they made an arse of themselves over the Evra incident and it wasn't until Henry got involved they apologised.. and that was because it became an issue for the red sox due to them effectively making light of racist comments..

He's clearly guilty.

I think they'll be quite relieved TBH.. this is long but could have been worse.

Also post WC you often rest your players and bring them back later, with his injury I doubt he'd have played much for Liverpool before early to mid september.. so its basically 6 weeks extra..
Post edited at 15:43
andymac 26 Jun 2014

> Wonder if that includes training with his club? I can't imagine him being welcomed with open arms at pre-season training camps.

He'll be training by himself apparently.

LFC are going to get him a herd of Wildebeest to train with at Melwood
In reply to andymac:

I think this will hurt Liverpool.. last season it didn't too much but when you look at the fixtures they only had Man Utd (who were awful), Everton.. this year they have City, Spurs, Everton, plus a fair few harder fixtures and the 3 Champions League games, plus with this ban you can see the effect being felt for a few weeks whilst he gets fit.. They have a much harder start to the season this year..

Liverpool – 10 matches for bite on Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic
(Liverpool score first)
Apr 27, 2013: Newcastle (a) 6-0
May 5, 2013: Everton (h) 0-0
May 12, 2013: Fulham (a) 3-1
May 19, 2013: QPR (h) 1-0
Aug 17, 2013: Stoke (h) 1-0
Aug 24, 2013: Aston Villa (a) 1-0
Aug 27, 2013: Notts County (h) 4-2 – League Cup
Sep 1, 2013: Man Utd (h) 1-0
Sep 16, 2013: Swansea (a) 2-2
Sep 21, 2013: Southampton (h) 0-1

Liverpool – Four months (13 matches) for bite on Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini
Aug 16: Liverpool v Southampton
Aug 23: Manchester City v Liverpool
Aug 30: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
Sep 13: Liverpool v Aston Villa
Sep 16: Champions League matchday 1
Sep 20: West Ham United v Liverpool
Sep 23: Capital One Cup Third Round
Sep 27: Liverpool v Everton
Sep 30: Champions League matchday 2
Oct 4: Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion
Oct 18: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool
Oct 21: Champions League matchday 3
Oct 25: Liverpool v Hull City

Enty 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Just reading a tweet on yahoo news, someone has worked out that Suarez has missed 35 games due to biting bans in the last 4 years and if you add the racism he's missed a full season. Does he still get paid when he's banned? - what a cock!

E

Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

As a Liverpool fan I can tell you that it hurts more than losing Suarez for important fixtures. It's horrendous being associated with that kind of behaviour. It's like death by a thousand cuts. No sooner has one "issue" calmed down and punishments been served than there is another. As a club with a fine history it's just toxic for us.

I've heard some fans talking about appealing to help us get him back sooner but what will happen? If any appeal succeeds we will just get even more abuse for appearing to be supporting bad behaviour.

Ultimately Liverpool lose in this no matter what - there is no silver lining for me.
 winhill 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

According the Uruguayan FA they are preparing an appeal, they say they have 3 days to do it.

So that means the CAS sitting on Saturday, before the game at 9pm to decide if he plays or not. If they can't reach a decision in time then he is allowed to play.
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to winhill:

In a way you can't blame them with the World Cup at stake, but in all honestly that's ill advised.
 Skol 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

Did you see the advert in the back page of the Mirror today?
It had a picture of Chiellinis shoulder, a picture of a Canneloni, and a picture of Suarez.
The caption was, ' should have gone to specsavers'))))

And, a Norwegian won £500 quid on a bet that Suarez would bite someone at the World Cup !
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

No, I've seen all sorts of jokey things about Suarez but it's just grim - we've had to put up with it for such a long time that it's a drain on the sense of humour for many Liverpool fans - myself included. I want him gone now.
JMGLondon 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

Banned for a total of 31 games whilst at Liverpool. No red cards!
 Skol 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

> No, I've seen all sorts of jokey things about Suarez but it's just grim - we've had to put up with it for such a long time that it's a drain on the sense of humour for many Liverpool fans - myself included. I want him gone now.

That is very sincere and brave. Sorry to take the piss.
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

No, go ahead it's fine. I do have a sense of humour and I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to lose out on having fun at his expense - frankly he's earned it!

I'm unlikely to be offended, just very weary of the whole sordid thing.

I have to say, I was at his debut against Stoke. The atmosphere was incredible because of the excitement around his signing. He came on to an incredible ovation. His first 2 or 3 touches were awful but then he beat a couple of players and lit up Anfield. He went on to score and we knew we had something really special.

Since then it is fair to say that it has been a rollercoaster and right now we are plunging down the stomach-lurching drop...again. Stop the ride, I want to get off now!
 Skol 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:
But he could win you the league title!
To be honest, I find players social lives more problematic than what players do on the pitch.
Take John Terry for eg. Sleeping with a colleagues wife I find more reprehensible.
We can jump on Suarez's back for biting , but he's not maliciously put someone out of action, and his social life is pretty clean?
 Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Skol:

He's a family guy who loves his kids and spends his time with his family.

Some of the deliberate leg-breakers over the years have walked away unpunished, but frankly there's no point trying to make a comparison.
In reply to Rampikino: totally agree.. Liverpool can't do anything.. In fact I'm not even sure they can sell him.. Re the ban mentioning 'administration' or something similar..

Uruguay fa have come out badly.. Tbh he does need treatment... Grown men don't bite people and his next bite will finish his career.. I think they should say he was wrong, respect the ban, and say they will get him help.. People forgive quickly as long as he comes back and does as he did and not agitate for a move away..

Rampikino 26 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Weird isn't it. He gets into a stupid scrape with Evra and bites Ivanavic and gets slated.

Then he has a fantastic season and get awards galore.

You would think he would make the connection - do good things and get awards or do stupid things and get slated...
Removed User 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

As people have said, his behaviour is, I think, hardwired. He wants to win, if he is to play to his potential, this is ALWAYS going to be a potential outcome. Gumshield?
In reply to Removed Usermountain25:
Plenty of others match his will to win.. Keano? But I 3 biting incidents? That's what's so odd.. Under fergie if we lost we had a man sent off.. It just seemed so common .. We always had our share of issues as he wanted the winners.. So you accept bad behavior.. Tbh even the kicking the fan.. You could at least understand Eric's thinking , it's a bit like ZZ's head butt, they were just so ermm 'emotionally raw'.. Just never seen biting.. Obviously he's anatomically suited to it so maybe it's an evolved behavior...

Sad thing is he is superb.. I thought Torres was fantastic when he was first there and thought he may discover his old form but Suarez is another step up ..
 IMA 26 Jun 2014
Independent article, not the best but does show a bit of balance compared to some of the stuff being spouted

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/luis-suarez-bite-lets-...
 Enty 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

> No, I've seen all sorts of jokey things about Suarez but it's just grim - we've had to put up with it for such a long time that it's a drain on the sense of humour for many Liverpool fans - myself included. I want him gone now.

Respect for saying this mate. You should wash your hands of him. It shouldn't be win at all costs.

E
In reply to Sl@te Head:

His nan said he was treated like a dog...
http://news.sky.com/story/1290298/suarez-gran-sticks-boot-into-barbaric-fif...

Funny that, he acted like one. Well if the cap fits....
 Enty 27 Jun 2014
In reply to mh554:

> His nan said he was treated like a dog...

> Funny that, he acted like one. Well if the cap fits....

That could quite easily be from the daily Mash.

E
OP Sl@te Head 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

As gutted as I am about his ban, this made me laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=ajNPknZdAtM&
 Enty 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> As gutted as I am about his ban, this made me laugh

Saw that last night. You might like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUtRmRmwjao&

E

Giorgio Chiellini according to BBC news has said that he believes that the Luiz Suarez ban is too long and harsh, maybe this well help any appeal?

wynaptomos 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Giorgio Chiellini according to BBC news has said that he believes that the Luiz Suarez ban is too long and harsh, maybe this well help any appeal?

Hi Ian, sounds like you also think that he was harshly treated. Is that right? Feels to me like this ban is the best that he could have hoped for. An appeal could be risky in that it could increase it.
In reply to wynaptomos:

Yes I do, it's particularly harsh on a number of levels for Liverpool.

It's also not really a level playing field as far as comparisons with the punishments dished out (or not) for more dangerous play by other players.
 wynaptomos 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Yes, I suppose it is harsh on Liverpool in that it didn't happen on their watch but I don't see how else you could punish him. There are many downsides to clubs releasing their players to international duty, this being one I suppose.
Post edited at 14:40
 Rampikino 27 Jun 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

(again as a Liverpool fan)

I had also pondered on the injustice of this to Liverpool, but very quickly in my mind I realised that if I go on a bender and kick the crap out of someone in the pub and get sent to jail then my employer also suffers despite having nothing to do with the situation. Sure they can sack me etc but they still have to go through the rigmarole of replacing me.

I would love to be able to rant against this but I just can't.
Clauso 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

Yeah, he's let his club down badly; especially in view of how they've supported him in the past... To add insult to injury, it now looks highly likely that he'll just bugger off elsewhere, too.
 Chris H 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

You could argue that they could have put more effective therapies in place to reduce the likelihood of it re-occurring.
 Rampikino 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris H:

You could argue that they had every reason to believe it had worked given that he had gone from slated pariah to award winning good-boy in 12 months!

The club can only do so much. I've seen some stupid comments that seem to want to blame Liverpool FC for this. When it comes down to it, he's his own man and should take responsibility.
 Banned User 77 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
> Yes I do, it's particularly harsh on a number of levels for Liverpool.

> It's also not really a level playing field as far as comparisons with the punishments dished out (or not) for more dangerous play by other players.

Like what? This is 3 bites and a history of racial abuse.. if it was a one off he'd have got a 6-8 game ban as a bite is considered worse than simple violent play (there is a disease risk), but violent play does get you similarly length bans.. but say a person who committed 3 horrific elbows would also face such a long ban..

He bit someone… This is the third time.. I can't believe people think this is harsh? If it was a child he'd be in deep trouble and would also be put in counselling as the school would realise he's not a full shilling..

I think Liverpool did all they could last time, he apologised, made it sound like he understood the severity..

I think its fair to lenient, on the guardian poll about 80% of people thought it fair or lenient when I last saw it.. it could have been a lot worse and if it happens again I think he should face a lifetime ban.
Post edited at 15:51
 Rampikino 27 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

You've got things in slightly the wrong order. There isn't a "history of racial abuse" there is a single incident where language was deemed to be racially abusive.

There is a history of biting.

You're also overplaying the disease bit.

However, as you've no doubt seen from my earlier post I'm convinced we (LFC) need to get rid of him. He's toxic.
 andy 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:
Did you see the quote from his Gran where she referred to him by the same word he used to Evra?

Agree LFC should get rid, but you wonder how his value will be affected now.
 Rampikino 27 Jun 2014
In reply to andy:

As a Spanish speaker and someone who has spent 15 years with Spanish-speaking friends I can tell you that the Suarez/Evra thing is not as simple as some have tried to make it out, but that's not important and no longer up for debate - it's done.

As to his value, I'm not sure but I can't see how Liverpool can do anything but lose from this.
In reply to Rampikino:

I agree the risk is minimal… but thats why historically we see biting as so bad..

You can now download the Ajax, Liverpool and Uruguay incidents involving Suarez. You might not have enough memory though as it's 3 mega bites.

Ok 3 bites and racial abuse.. its still 4 very very unpleasant acts and this guy obviously has no switch of what is enough.. tbh if he didn't receive a huge ban and then actually did severely hurt someone I think FIFA could be liable as they need to make a huge statement.

This is unprecedented in football but its an unprecedented act.. I think only a total ban was right and I'm actually impressed with how quickly this was dealt with, the FA could learn from this.

I'm not sure his value will be too effected.. as I said he's injured anyway so I doubt we'd have seen much of him before mid september once he got a proper pre season under his belt.. I think he'll still go for 55-65 million. I can't see him being 80+ as he's 27.. nearly 28 when back from his ban so maybe 4-5 big seasons left in him.. minus bans.. But Ronaldo and Bale transferred at 24 so had almost double the football left in them.
In reply to Rampikino:

> As a Spanish speaker and someone who has spent 15 years with Spanish-speaking friends I can tell you that the Suarez/Evra thing is not as simple as some have tried to make it out, but that's not important and no longer up for debate - it's done.

> As to his value, I'm not sure but I can't see how Liverpool can do anything but lose from this.

No chance.. I've many spanish speaking mates and they all said you'd never use that word in that context when arguing without it being racist…

But yeah thats a lll gone..

Yeah Liverpool will lose.. but thats a risk.. you sign these players you take both sides of them.. we had it with keane.. Cantona.. Rooney.. Scholes.. they all have their bad moments and bans.
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
> Yes I do, it's particularly harsh on a number of levels for Liverpool.

> It's also not really a level playing field as far as comparisons with the punishments dished out (or not) for more dangerous play by other players.

Any example of a 3rd offence of unprovoked off the ball attack getting a lesser penalty? Don't remember Zidane headbutting 3 times...

He doesn't learn, he brings the sport into disrepute. He's lucky to only get 4 months, a lot of people were thinking a year or more.

He's also tried to break peoples legs, act as the goal keeper, pulled peoples hair, jabbed defenders in the eye, game changing dives, punched people, kicked people in the chest (at least twice), racially abuse Evra, the list goes on...

youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8&

Always the victim ey?
Post edited at 17:06
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

> (again as a Liverpool fan)

> I had also pondered on the injustice of this to Liverpool, but very quickly in my mind I realised that if I go on a bender and kick the crap out of someone in the pub and get sent to jail then my employer also suffers despite having nothing to do with the situation. Sure they can sack me etc but they still have to go through the rigmarole of replacing me.

> I would love to be able to rant against this but I just can't.

Bingo! How many times do you think you could bite co-workers and not get sacked for it?
Clauso 27 Jun 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

> Bingo! How many times do you think you could bite co-workers and not get sacked for it?

To be fair, Suarez's actions were more akin to biting your competitors, rather than your co-workers... It's the type of behaviour that the financial industry would probably actively encourage?
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

> He's also tried to break peoples legs, act as the goal keeper, pulled peoples hair, jabbed defenders in the eye, game changing dives, punched people, kicked people in the chest (at least twice), racially abuse Evra, the list goes on...

> Always the victim ey?

Talk about false outrage, your post started with some credibility but by the time I got to the "Tried" to break people legs and then posted that video as your beyond reasonable doubt evidence. I started laughing!

We all agree the biting incident is beyond acceptable and he's got lucky with his ban but to claim he's tried to break people legs (as in you are saying he has done it on purpose) and then post a video that shows a collection of incidents that can quite easily be defended as badly timed and badly executed tackles etc. Most of them tackles take place week in week out in the Premier League. In fact your argument is genius, in that no one can prove you are wrong and you can't prove that you are right the only person who knows is Suarez himself.

As far as I am aware only Keane has actually gone in to break a leg, he admitted it! I wouldn't even claim the most horrendous tackle in the Premier Leage from Callum McManaman as being he meant it. I would argue it wad badly timed and executed etc.

Your evidence also proves (if you follow the other videos) he isn't even the biggest cheat in world football try Neymar for starters its the video a few down from your evidence.

In reply to Alan M:

The handball incident was nothing.. He did what he had to do and what you'd expect anyone to do.. Remember solsjkaer did something similar and got a standing ovation as he was sent off at old Trafford think against Newcastle..
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:
> The handball incident was nothing.. He did what he had to do and what you'd expect anyone to do.. Remember solsjkaer did something similar and got a standing ovation as he was sent off at old Trafford think against Newcastle..

Agreed the handball incident is no different to a cynical tackle or a tug on the shirt to stop someone beating you. You see those type of events every day in the every league in every country at every level. It happens. I know Suarez is the big bad wolf but that post above from r0x0r.wolfo...wow!!

Post edited at 18:35
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:
> Talk about false outrage, your post started with some credibility but by the time I got to the "Tried" to break people legs and then posted that video as your beyond reasonable doubt evidence. I started laughing!

Liverpool fan? Not much to be laughing about.

> We all agree the biting incident is beyond acceptable and he's got lucky with his ban but to claim he's tried to break people legs (as in you are saying he has done it on purpose) and then post a video that shows a collection of incidents that can quite easily be defended as badly timed and badly executed tackles etc. Most of them tackles take place week in week out in the Premier League. In fact your argument is genius, in that no one can prove you are wrong and you can't prove that you are right the only person who knows is Suarez himself.

This is the defense of Suarez to which I am responding to, "there are worse tackles". Well Suarez has had his share of them. The tackle at 18s is a leg breaker, there is no excuse for that. Even without the leg breaking tackle he's given out, there's numerous incidents that cannot be described as mistimed. You sound like Suarez's lawyer, Suarez's teeth just fell into the player, the player forced his eyes into Suarez's finger, Racism is how they say hello in Uruguay... Your defense of Suarez is laughable.

> As far as I am aware only Keane has actually gone in to break a leg, he admitted it! I wouldn't even claim the most horrendous tackle in the Premier Leage from Callum McManaman as being he meant it. I would argue it wad badly timed and executed etc.

Exactly, so why are people bringing up badly executed tackles to excuse Suarez's blatant cheating. Biting and racism isn't a part of football, tackles are. But others are trying to give the impression that he only bites, but he's one of the dirtiest players around sans the biting.

> Your evidence also proves (if you follow the other videos) he isn't even the biggest cheat in world football try Neymar for starters its the video a few down from your evidence.

Can't see that one but would be suitable if Suarez ends up at Barcelona.
Post edited at 19:25
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Denni:
Only a matter of time . "My fucking dog hasn't bitten anyone". Hahaha.
Post edited at 20:12
Clauso 27 Jun 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> The handball incident was nothing.. He did what he had to do and what you'd expect anyone to do.. Remember solsjkaer did something similar and got a standing ovation as he was sent off at old Trafford think against Newcastle..

Nope. Sorry... Play the game in the right spirit or don't bloody bother at all.
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:
> Liverpool fan? Not much to be laughing about.

I'm a Liverpool fan myself I don't particularly like Suarez but I accept that he's a phenomenal footballing talent and unfortunately integral to our team our development. I am not laughing about the situation I was laughing at the fact that your post stank of false outrage. Yes he pushes boundaries on the pitch. The use of racist language is totally unacceptable and he deserved to be banned same for the biting and deserve all the bans he gets for that also. I am responding to the other stuff you try to portray and the evidence you put forward it is that, which I simply find laughable.

> This is the defense of Suarez to which I am responding to, "there are worse tackles". Well Suarez has had his share of them. The tackle at 18s is a leg breaker, there is no excuse for that. Even without the leg breaking tackle he's given out, there's numerous incidents that cannot be described as mistimed. You sound like Suarez's lawyer, Suarez's teeth just fell into the player, the player forced his eyes into Suarez's finger, Racism is how they say hello in Uruguay... Your defense of Suarez is laughable.

Yes that tackle is pretty bad not the worst I have seen but you say he "Tried" to break his leg prove it?? Prove that he actually went out there and went to break it? I assume that you rank all bad tackles that are potentially leg breakers or that have actually broken legs as they meant to do it? I am not defending him just bring some perspective. read my other posts I have said he got lucky with the ban and no one can complaint. So like I say not defending him at all.

> Exactly, so why are people bringing up badly executed tackles to excuse Suarez's blatant cheating. Biting and racism isn't a part of football, tackles are. But others are trying to give the impression that he only bites, but he's one of the dirtiest players around sans the biting.

I brought it up as again you said he "tried" to break someones leg. I think that is laughable as you simply can't prove it. Yes he plays on the edge but I wouldn't say he was a blatant cheat any more than many others in the game. His going to ground easy, rolling around, leaving a foot in etc the way you are talking its like you think he invented simulation and bad sportsmanship. I am simply pointing out football is full of unsavoury characters and lots of things are going on week in week out that shouldn't be unfortunately for Suarez is that he doesn't help himself and people like you can't distinguish anymore between a footballing incident (most of that video you put up as evidence) and the severity of the biting and racism... the latter two are on a different level compared to the others. No one is saying that he only bites the point I am making is to claim what you said as fact is simply ridiculous

> Can't see that one but would be suitable if Suarez ends up at Barcelona.

Just type in to Youtube Neymar and the videos all pop up infact loads of videos pop up of many unsavoury footballers and footballing tackles and events.
Post edited at 20:44
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

> I'm a Liverpool fan myself I don't particularly like Suarez as the man(I don't know him personally so I can't really comment on his personality). I am not laughing about the situation I was laughing at the fact that your post stank of false outrage. Yes he pushes boundaries the use of racist language is totally unacceptable so is the biting but the other stuff you try to portray and the evidence you put forward I simply find laughable.

... How's it false outrage? I'm just pointing out what he's done, and it's not limited to snacking on Italians. Describing "racist abuse" as "pushing the boundaries of racist language", just wow, the lengths people will go.

> Yes that tackle is pretty bad at 18s not the worst I have seen but you say he "Tried" to break his leg prove it?? Prove that he actually went out there and went to break it? I assume that you rank all bad tackles that are potentially leg breakers or that have actually broken legs as they meant to do it?

It shocked me when I saw it, I'm not sure what happened to that player. I don't think a player has to admit something to be guilty of something. That's a tackle that's designed to hurt, two feet off the ground to the back of the players leg, I don't care what if he intended to break the leg or not, that's a stupidly dangerous tackle. He dived after that tackle to rub salt into the wound.

> I wouldn't say he was a blatant cheat any more than many others in the game. [...]lots of things are going on week in week out that shouldn't be unfortunately for Suarez is that he doesn't help himself and people like you can't distinguish anymore between a footballing incident (most of that video you put up as evidence) and the severity of the biting and racism... the latter two are on a different level compared to the others.

A 'football incident', pulling peoples hair, jabbing them in the eye, tackles as dangerous as that one at 18s, kicking people in the chest/stomach as there were a few incidents of. By the way there was a death recently, from internal injuries. You just can't kick people high up like that. Stupidly dangerous.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/akli-fairuz-death-indonesian-premie...

> Just type in to Youtube Neymar and the videos all pop up infact loads of videos pop up of many unsavoury footballers and footballing tackles and events.

Yes ok, is that the end of the "other players have also had misdemeanors" defense? As you said, racism and biting is on another level, but he's not innocent as far as the rest of his unsporting behavior goes. We can argue intentional or not, that's not even the crux of the issue. It's not like he's going to admit to some of these things, (well except for diving on the radio but nvm).
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:
> ... How's it false outrage? I'm just pointing out what he's done, and it's not limited to snacking on Italians. Describing "racist abuse" as "pushing the boundaries of racist language", just wow, the lengths people will go.

Wow, really the fact that its in two different sentences you can't work out that the pushing boundaries comments was a stand alone comment about how he plays!! Where do I describe "racist abuse as pushing the boundaries of of racist language" and the fact you put it in quotation marks makes it look like you have an agenda as those following up these posts and not reading the context from my original coment could take that as what I said, which I never. My feeling on the racism is in a separate sentence and says it is unacceptable and deserved to be banned!!.

Two different sentences for two different comments. Please do not take things out of context!

Its false outrage because you claim it as fact you say "he tried" that is a pretty serious word to use in that context. The point I am making is all of the incidents you post are easily defended as badly timed, poorly executed footballing incidents. Prove that he tried went out there to break a leg?

> It shocked me when I saw it, I'm not sure what happened to that player. I don't think a player has to admit something to be guilty of something. That's a tackle that's designed to hurt, two feet off the ground to the back of the players leg, I don't care what if he intended to break the leg or not, that's a stupidly dangerous tackle. He dived after that tackle to rub salt into the wound.

I agree it is a stupidly dangerous tackle but that's a world away from your original comments of he tried to break someone's leg.

> A 'football incident', pulling peoples hair, jabbing them in the eye, tackles as dangerous as that one at 18s, kicking people in the chest/stomach as there were a few incidents of. By the way there was a death recently, from internal injuries. You just can't kick people high up like that. Stupidly dangerous.

>

Im not disputing that but I don't see anything in that video that proves it was intentional with regards to the tackling and high feet etc. I have been kicked in the chest and broken an ankle and a nose from a stupidly dangerous tackle/high foot. I still don't think that person did me on purpose it was a footballing incident. Like I say I have not read that mirror link yet but in response to your youtube evidence I still think it is lacking.
Post edited at 21:09
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to r0x0.wolfo:

I have read my last post back and as its typed on a mobile there are some inaccuracies. When I say all the incidents you post - I mean (for clarification purposes) I am referring to your youtube video evidence about the tackling and high feet. Just thought I need to clarify that before I get taken out of context and assigned some quotes I never said.
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

> I have read my last post back and as its typed on a mobile there are some inaccuracies. When I say all the incidents you post - I mean (for clarification purposes) I am referring to your youtube video evidence about the tackling and high feet. Just thought I need to clarify that before I get taken out of context and assigned some quotes I never said.

Yeah thats cool.
 Enty 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

I'm fed up with the modern game and people like Suarez are the reason why.
I hate him. people like him are doing more damage to the modern game than you'll ever know.
He might give you some big emotions when he scores the amazing goals and takes you to within a gnats bollock of the league title - ha ha !!!
But I wouldn't want to win the league if it takes that c*nts speacial tricks to get us there.

If you've ever watched a junior league game and seen 9 year old kids diving and rolling around you'll know why I'm so angry.

E
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

> Yeah thats cool.

No probs, sorry if that last post came across as being a bit funny, it can certainly look that way when reading it.

Think I'll bow out of the debate for now not one for trying to kick an online fight off. Think we both can agree that Suarez deserves his bans for the events so far (biting and racism and is lucky to only get 4 months footballing ban for the recent biting episode) but think we will have to agree to disagree on the majority of other incidents in that video To me most of it looks like typical footballing incidents that happen most weeks. I think in lots of areas the character and villain dominates the agenda and introduces bias on all sides to the perception of the event.

Have a good weekend
 FreshSlate 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:
> Wow, really the fact that its in two different sentences you can't work out that the pushing boundaries comments was a stand alone comment about how he plays!! Where do I describe "racist abuse as pushing the boundaries of of racist language" and the fact you put it in quotation marks makes it look like you have an agenda as those following up these posts and not reading the context from my original coment could take that as what I said, which I never. My feeling on the racism is in a separate sentence and says it is unacceptable and deserved to be banned!!.

> Two different sentences for two different comments. Please do not take things out of context!

I see why you edited the post. That makes it clearer, however, you can see from the original draft that I quoted why it appeared you said 'pushing the boundaries of racist language', I realise throughout you have shown disgust for racism on the pitch, but for a moment it appeared you were making light of it.

If you want to argue the difference between, dirty reckless dangerous stupid tackle. And whether he intended to 'do' the player, that's up to you. But Suarez isn't a shit tackler, or clumsy, just the very opposite
He decided to recklessly tackle someone and the end result was something very dangerous. The kicks to the chest? Is he trying to kill anyone like the goalkeeper? No, like the biting incidents just an attempt to cheat.

P.S, I just saw your post.

I agree with you on the important issues. The rest of the incidents is more of a reaction to some merely saying, "well there's bad tackles all the time". One person (elsewhere) showed a gif of a rather bad looking Balotelli incident the same game. It's more a response to that reasoning, its not as if he's a saint in the way we're criticising these other tackles.

I am not calling for any of this to be taken into account with the ban, although I think he's a lucky boy.
Post edited at 22:05
 Alan M 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:
> I'm fed up with the modern game and people like Suarez are the reason why.

> I hate him. people like him are doing more damage to the modern game than you'll ever know.

> He might give you some big emotions when he scores the amazing goals and takes you to within a gnats bollock of the league title - ha ha !!!

> But I wouldn't want to win the league if it takes that c*nts speacial tricks to get us there.

All valid reasons, I said in an earlier post for me for Liverpools development this season unfortunately Suraez is integral to our team. Unfortunately Liverpool are not in a position to kick a talent like him out such as how United could do with Stam back in 2001(?). For me personally we need Suarez and significant investment to even contemplate getting back in to the Champions league again next season if we achieve that then we can ditch Suarez if needed even for 30m next summer as we would have had 2 summers of significant investment and experience in the Champions league. I am no Suarez fan (I admire his skill as a footballer but not a fan of the man). For me the club is more important once we experience the champions league this year and invest, hopefully qualify again next year then we ditch him. He is the difference even 80m will not plug the gap this season.

For me Suarez as with many of the games great player Neymar, Ronaldo etc are introducing elements that are destroying the game etc considering they are role models etc. Lets not forget I can remember the debate back in the 90's about foreign players apparently destroying the English game with their cheating etc etc etc it is not a new debate. I remember the debates about players like Pirez etc who all used to dive and cheat at the drop of a hat. But lets not forget the many British players such as Andy Johnson, Ashley Young etc did/do the exact same and cheated regularly. As a Liverpool fan (seson ticket holder) I am ashamed to Say Suarez isn't even the worst diver in our first 11. I can also name players in a lot of teams I would consider worse than him.

> If you've ever watched a junior league game and seen 9 year old kids diving and rolling around you'll know why I'm so angry.

I do see it my nephew is 10 I see it with his team. The funny thing is he's also in a rugby team, seems to switch between hard man and actor in an instant, depending on the team he's in. To be fair though I remember when I was 15 playing for a local Sunday league team we used to be encouraged to go down around the box with the slightest of touches. It was called playing percentages and giving the ref a decision to make. So its not just Suarez and the likes destroying the game its been around for years at all levels.

> E
Post edited at 22:24
 Glyno 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:
>But lets not forget the many British players such as Andy Johnson, Ashley Young etc did/do the exact same and cheated regularly. As a Liverpool fan (seson ticket holder) I am ashamed to Say Suarez isn't even the worst diver in our first 11.

>
yes, I was about to point out you'd omitted Stevie Me.

Post edited at 16:27
 krikoman 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Alan M:

> All valid reasons, I said in an earlier post for me for Liverpools development this season unfortunately Suraez is integral to our team.

You seem to be putting money before, what's right?

Just because someone is good at something doesn't mean they can be excused decent behaviour.

FactorXXX 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Statistically speaking, if you're a footballer, you have more chance of being bitten by Suarez than being struck by lightning...
 Alan M 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Glyno:

> >But lets not forget the many British players such as Andy Johnson, Ashley Young etc did/do the exact same and cheated regularly. As a Liverpool fan (seson ticket holder) I am ashamed to Say Suarez isn't even the worst diver in our first 11.

> yes, I was about to point out you'd omitted Stevie Me.

>

Unfortunately Stevie Me is a complete amateur compared to the player I am thinking of go back about 7 years and Stevie Me was there or there abouts but not anymore.
 Alan M 28 Jun 2014
In reply to krikoman:
> You seem to be putting money before, what's right?

Not at all I am putting the future development of the team before anything. I have said I don't particularly like Suarez as a man (from what I have seen). From a football point of view I appreciate his footballing skill set and believe that for this season at least we need his particular footballing skill set to continue our development.

Anyways based on your what's right comment I assume you mean that no team should buy him? and you don't just have a bias on the situation and want to see Liverpool weakened next season???

> Just because someone is good at something doesn't mean they can be excused decent behaviour.

I have never implied that. I have said many times he deserves all the bans he gets.
Post edited at 18:39
OP Sl@te Head 29 Jun 2014
Not the only bite during the England v Uraguay match.....there's now a news item about an England fan biting off the ear of another England fan!!!!!

Timmd 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

>... Suarez seems to have a taste for his favoured transgression. Send him down.

Or see if psychological help changes how he behaves?

Timmd 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Clauso:

The guy quite strongly appears to have something wrong going on psychologically.

andymac 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Timmd:

> The guy quite strongly appears to have something wrong going on psychologically.

He's merely a bit loco ,like most South Americans.

I find him a bit scary.

Not the chap I would want to be stranded on a mountaintop with.

Once the sarnies and flapjacks were gone ,and hunger kicked in,I'd be getting even more worried.
 dek 29 Jun 2014
In reply to andymac:

> He's merely a bit loco ,like most South Americans.

> I find him a bit scary.

> Not the chap I would want to be stranded on a mountaintop with.

> Once the sarnies and flapjacks were gone ,and hunger kicked in,I'd be getting even more worried.

Well South American rugby teams have been known to make a meal of it, when they are stranded up in the mountains....
andymac 29 Jun 2014
In reply to dek:

> Well South American rugby teams have been known to make a meal of it, when they are stranded up in the mountains....

Indeed.

Perhaps it's a South American natural instinct.

Luis probably wouldn't wait until the food had run out ,before getting stuck in.

Would prefer a bit of leg myself.
In reply to andymac:

> He's merely a bit loco ,like most South Americans.

I take it causal South American racism is acceptable around these parts?
In reply to Fultonius:

> I take it causal South American racism is acceptable around these parts?

I agree everyone seems to be happy to criticise Luis Suarez about his biting and racism but are happy to be bullying (with their remarks)and racist themselves. I still don't think he had a fair 'trial' from FIFA.
 dek 29 Jun 2014
In reply to andymac:

> Indeed.

> Would prefer a bit of leg myself.
Germany's Philip Lamm must relieved?
Jim C 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

> If you've ever watched a junior league game and seen 9 year old kids diving and rolling around you'll know why I'm so angry.

Don't be angry Ent. Very few kids will make it as a professional footballer, but think of it as great training for a career on the stage
Jim C 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I still don't think he had a fair 'trial' from FIFA.

But at least it shows FIFA do have teeth, and are willing to use them ( metaphorically) even against the big stars
 elsewhere 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
> I still don't think he had a fair 'trial' from FIFA.

Why unfair? Did they deviate from fifa rules or something?

Timmd 29 Jun 2014
In reply to elsewhere:

The guy he bit thinks he's been treated a bit harshly I gather.

I don't have a viewpoint either way...
In reply to elsewhere:
Well according to Luiz Suarez..'I lost balance and hit my teeth against Chiellini'

So FIFA's 'trial' didn't find the truth and was therefore unfair, I rest my case
Post edited at 15:36
Clauso 29 Jun 2014
In reply to dek:

> Germany's Philip Lamm must relieved?

As an alternative to a winner's medal, you mean?
andymac 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Well according to Luiz Suarez..'I lost balance and hit my teeth against Chiellini'

> So FIFA's 'trial' didn't find the truth and was therefore unfair, I rest my case

Yes ,but Suarez's claim is a bit like the man who arrives at A+E with his John Thomas stuck in a Vacuum cleaner or a peppermill up his bum ,and claims;

"I slipped"
 Skol 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Fultonius:

> I take it causal South American racism is acceptable around these parts?

Andy. Don't bite mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...