UKC

Accomadation Costa Blanca???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulHermes 26 Jun 2014
I am planning a trip in October to the Costa Blanca.
People have recommended the Orange House but I believe its a 30 minute drive to the nearest crag.
Is there anywhere else people would recommend??
 tmawer 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Very easy to find cheap accomodation in Calpe, selection of very good climbing close at hand eg, Penon de Ifach and Toix cliffs.
OP PaulHermes 26 Jun 2014
In reply to tmawer:

Many thanks for that
In reply to PaulHermes:

thanks
 GrahamD 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Its handy having a car - the area is vast and when one area is catching the weather,another can be sheltered. Or some places get too hot, others are high up. Long and short is you will probably want to drive to different crags in any case.

For what its worth, Finestrat isn't badly placed for getting to Puig Campana and Sella.
 sarahjk 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

You would struggle to do the trip justice without a car [and dont start me on rip of spanish car rental]

Orange house are great and they are opening a bunk house right at Sella, literally under the crag, but I dont know how you would get to it without a taxi or long walk if you didnt have a car [they might pick you up from airport ?]

Maybe see you out there. October is great.

Sarah
In reply to PaulHermes:

Thanks
 Mick Ward 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Would strongly suggest you stay at the Orange House. You can easily waste days going to the right places at the wrong times, e.g. too hot, windy, etc. As much beta as you could ever want from Rich and co. And tons of great people staying there.

Mick
 Trangia 26 Jun 2014
In reply to sarahjk:

I couldn't agree more about the importance of having a car if the OP wants to get around the area and taste other crags.

Also Spanish Car Rental. If the OP is going to rent get excess insurance with someone like insurance4carhire before you fly out. And be VERY careful with the small print on the Rental Agreements. It's an utter minefield. Remember that cheapest is unlikley to be best if anything goes wrong, and even if it doesn't. Thoroughly check the car and tyres for damage when you pick it up (including spare tyre and wheel)and insist that the company records ALL damage, or you could be charged for previous damage when you return it - it's happened to me. Check for wheel changing stuff and compulsory things like florescencent jackets. You will be fined if the police stop you in a road check and you don't have them - they target hire cars for spot checks.

Remove any car hire stickers from the back window -thieves target hire cars - it's also happened to me.

In particular avoid Goldcar like the plague.

Otherwise enjoy!

Jon_Warner 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Hi Paul,

Villa Florencia (Casa Rural), Gandia, is a great place to stay and removes the need to drive - approx 20mins walk to Gandia or El Bovidon

I'd still recommend getting a car however, Costa Blanca's got some great crags, but it's a wide area.
 Mark Eddy 26 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Calpe is the perfect base for exploring the area.
In reply to PaulHermes:

There's quite a few good places here if you weren't aware of it: http://www.rockfax.com/accommodation-areas/costa-blanca/
OP PaulHermes 27 Jun 2014
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Thanks for all the great advice
Adruimon 28 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Hello Paul, I work renting villas in Benidorm area, our main villa is Villa Maria, coblanca.com, being 450€ per week during low season and it has beds for 12 persons.

It's situated in Benidorm in a tranquil neighborhood on the way to La Nucía away from the city.

The nearest crag is only ten minutes by car, Echo Valley. There are crags to climb any direction you take (N,W,S,E) in less than 20 minutes, the old road to finestat is by the nearest roundabout to the villa. I know all the crags and could reccomend places, of course!

If it's not available we also offer anclaplaya.es, benidormcentre.eu and a villa in front of the sea in "platja del portixol" that you could ask for
 tmawer 28 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

My last trip was in March this year, it cost 89 Euros for an apartment for 2 (45 each) in Calpe and I paid 14 Euros (yes, really) for the car plus fuel (5 days for car and apartment). I take out the waver insurance in the UK and have had no problems. I book the car through Do You Spain and have used various companies.
OP PaulHermes 28 Jun 2014
In reply to tmawer:

Great advice
OP PaulHermes 30 Jun 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Cheers
 Sam Mayfield 03 Jul 2014
In reply to PaulHermes:

Thanks for the recommendations you lovely people!

I don't know anywhere that you could stay here that would allow you NOT to have a car apart from the Bunkhouse in Sella which is crag side, but still not ready yet! Even Sella Village you need a car!

Puig is on our doorstep and not a 30 min car journey, maybe 10 mins!

October is a great month and we already have some weeks that are filling up nicely.

Whereever you stay have fun.

Sam Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...