UKC

Cheap to insure Car/Vans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello all,

I'm looking to get a vehicle for business use. It needs to have a nice and roomy boot, it would be nice to have rear windows, and be relatively cheap to insure. I don't fall into very good insurance categories so it's not looking very good - just got some quotes for a Citroen Berlingo and all around 2k, I was hoping for a lot less! So... vehicle ideas that will save me lots of moolah please
 Trangia 27 Jun 2014
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I have had several Series Land Rovers and 90s in the past and always found them surprisingly cheap to insure. I used to find NFU Insurance the most competitive for Land Rover insurance.

So maybe consider a Land Rover?

Preferably cheap to buy also!
 BrainoverBrawn 27 Jun 2014

Phone around. Citroen arranged my insurance then next year my quotes were a staggering £2000. I got alternatives of £1500 then sub grand then finally £400. I was seriously scared that they wanted such cash though. You buy a new car in 5 years plus maybe other bills for services etc being similarly unrestricted. Such cads rule these days.
Life can seem hardly worth living when robbing is the norm yet if you can't beat them joined after school seems compulsory with student Loans culture.
If you can sell the car then you don't have to pay above, so don't risk a loan is my terribly unhappy lesson.
 marsbar 28 Jun 2014

Find a female or an older bloke to put on your insurance.

Or get married!
In reply to marsbar:

Is that as a named driver? If they crash does that damage my no claims (don't have one yet) or theirs?
 marsbar 28 Jun 2014

Yours I guess. The price will ofte come down even if they never drive the car for some stupid reason.
 Gone 28 Jun 2014

Fiat Qubo? Looks like a little van with windows, cheap as chips to insure as it is group 2. Not as big as a Berlingo though.
In reply to Gone:

Thanks, but I can't find any used cheaper than 7k! Must be quite modern.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...