UKC

Pen pal required for adult with learning difficulty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 27 Jun 2014
I come to consult the hive mind for many things. I'm hoping (on a long shot) UKC can once again deliver:

I work as a support worker for adults with learning difficulties. One of the residents I work with is a keen reader/writer. He would really like to find a pen pal he can write to and share things with. He's very interested in local history and landmarks. I've tried charities and official organisations, but every avenue I've tried has been a dead end.

So I thought why not UKC: does anyone else work with adults with learning difficulties or know a service user who would be interested in finding a pen pal?

Fingers crossed!
 1step2far 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Kemics:

I don't know anyone personally but I know someone who might. I'll drop you a line!
 marsbar 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Kemics:

Does it have to be someone with learning difficulties? Maybe someone retired might like to write to him and get letters?
OP Kemics 29 Jun 2014
In reply to marsbar:

I actually hadn't considered that. I guess he asked specifically for someone in a similar setting but I think any pen pal would be brilliant back up plan. Thank you for both taking time to respond

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...