UKC

Fourth Chemo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 28 Jun 2014

Had my fourth chemo yesterday and I feel absolutely bloody cream crackered. I presumed that as the treatment progresses there's an accumulative effect on the body
Post edited at 11:41
 balmybaldwin 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I think its perfectly normal, friends I've known go through this have also had sessions that completely knocked them sideways, others that hardly seemed to bother them. Keep at it and keep your head up!
 DancingOnRock 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I used to feel rubbish for about 4 days. Then just knackered for another 4 or 5. Then back to normal for 3. All ready to start again.

I did about 9 months of two weekly sessions.

OP mypyrex 28 Jun 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I think its perfectly normal, friends I've known go through this have also had sessions that completely knocked them sideways, others that hardly seemed to bother them. Keep at it and keep your head up!

Thanks. I've found so far that I feel whacked for about the first ten days after each session and then start picking up again. Each cycle is three weeks. I have to say that I've never been so bad that I can't get out of bed in he morning.

According to the professionals everything is going ok and my last session is expected to be on 8th Aug. I'm hoping I might even get back on the hills in the autumn, although nothing too serious.
OP mypyrex 28 Jun 2014
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Yes, sounds familiar. What was your cancer, how long ago?
Oceanwall 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Yes, it's an accumulative effect. I'm just going into my 6th week of chemotherapy plus radiotherapy plus clinical trial.
The first two weeks were easy, the following two more difficult while thie 5th week of treatment has given me nausea and other side effects.
OP mypyrex 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Oceanwall:

Are you on anti nausea tablets? I've been on two a day for the first two days after each session; then I don't feel any nausea.
mgco3 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Dig deep mate and hang in there you can do it! Tick off every day as a step closer to full recovery.

beardy mike 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Mine was two week cycles. I'd go up to London on Weds morning, get bloods done, wait all day getting increasingly anxious, then finally get called in at 4, chuck up on the nurses, do the treatment which was like 3 batches of stuff, then go back to my parents place and sleep for 24 hours straight. By day 2 I could eat again and I'd drag myself back onto a train and come back to Bath. By the following weekend i'd be right enough to go climbing for a day. Then back in the next Weds... Blurgh...
Tim Chappell 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Sorry to hear you're ill. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 BusyLizzie 28 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Very best wishes! Keep your chin up, persevere.
Lizzie xx
OP mypyrex 28 Jun 2014
In reply to All: Thanks. feel I'm getting through it. Everyone being helpful.

In reply to mypyrex:

So sorry to hear this. My Dad is having chemo and at first it was really hard on him but each session has been less so and the other day he just said he felt a bit tired.
Keep positive and I'm sure it will get easier.
Good luck.
 AlisonSmiles 29 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Limited experience suggests that there isn't a clear cut pattern of worse each time ... sorry this one is so crap, but there is hope that the next and last one won't be quite so bad. Try to think of sleep as part of the healing process perhaps? And as ever, fingers crossed for you.
OP mypyrex 29 Jun 2014
In reply to AlisonSmiles:

> Limited experience suggests that there isn't a clear cut pattern of worse each time ... sorry this one is so crap, but there is hope that the next and last one won't be quite so bad. Try to think of sleep as part of the healing process perhaps? And as ever, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks. As it happens I feel quite good today and will be going out for a walk along the prom soon.
 Pyreneenemec 29 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> Thanks. As it happens I feel quite good today and will be going out for a walk along the prom soon.

Prom = seaside, anywhere nice ?

Retourner au plus vite en montagne c'est tout le mal que je te souhaite.
OP mypyrex 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

> Prom = seaside, anywhere nice ?

Colwyn Bay - Best I can do at the moment.

> Retourner au plus vite en montagne c'est tout le mal que je te souhaite.

Absolument. Sentiments très appréciés. Déjà regarder mes cartes Ariege pour l'année prochaine
 FactorXXX 29 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Absolument. Sentiments très appréciés. Déjà regarder mes cartes Ariege pour l'année prochaine

Thought chemo made you lose your hair and when it grew back, it might be a different colour.
Didn't think it resulted in a language change!

Anyway, best of luck and hopefully you'll be back in the hills sooner rather than later.
 beardy mike 29 Jun 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

No change of colour but baby bay soft.
 Goucho 29 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Sorry to hear this.

Hope everything goes well, and you make a great recovery.

Gouch.
contrariousjim 29 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Crikey. You're going through a heck of alot at the moment. Thoughts and prayers..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...