UKC

Idea for a new UKC feature...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 29 Jun 2014
Similar to the 'winter conditions' page http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/winter.html why not have an 'alpine conditions' page that logs all routes done in, say the Mont Blanc massif in a five day period? Obviously it would make sense to filter out sport routes/low level routes somehow.

Just thought it might be useful for anyone keeping track of conditions.

R
In reply to Roberttaylor:

yes please
 Graeme Barr 29 Jun 2014

Yes always though that would be good too. Could include all of the alps in the same way the winter conditions page includes all of uk?
 Bob 29 Jun 2014

It's been a requested feature several times for crags in general - as well as having the crag comments on a crag page you get the last X ascents.
 tjekel 29 Jun 2014

Would be fine to have a mapping solution for this!
 joe.91 29 Jun 2014

another vote from me!
 woollardjt 29 Jun 2014
Would be great but I did find you had to trawl through so many posts in the winter forum to find info you wanted, lumping all the alps into one section would mean trawling through even more posts, better to have it split per area and by fortnightly periods to ensure you can find up to date info.

Also the ohm website used to have a section similar to what you describe
Post edited at 14:24
 Jasonic 29 Jun 2014

As the Alps are in France, Switzerland, Italy... they have a forum for this;

http://www.camptocamp.org/
 funalps 29 Jun 2014

I agree with Jasonic, www.camptocamp.org is by far the best resource for this. OHM sadly gets very little feedback.
 woollardjt 30 Jun 2014
In reply to cagm:

Yep that's true camp to camp gets much more traffic,

Never understood why the guides office in Cham never just uploaded details of the paper files they have of routes done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...