UKC

No Millar for Tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rubbishy 30 Jun 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/30/david-millar-tour-de-france-wi...

in a word

bugger

He must be gutted not to go out on a high. I was looking forward to hanging the "Millarmind" banner from the tower on Silsden church and spent the entire weekend writing "Millar" all the way up the Cringles.

Removed User 30 Jun 2014
In reply to John Rushby:

Rats cocks. I'm running out of bedsheets to make banners from. Cav will better not stick his hand in the toaster between now and Saturday.
 JLS 30 Jun 2014
In reply to John Rushby:

>"bugger"

Let me reiterate that. Bugger.
 balmybaldwin 30 Jun 2014
In reply to John Rushby:

I thought he owned half the team?
 steev 30 Jun 2014
In reply to John Rushby:

Curses.
 Chris the Tall 30 Jun 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I thought he owned half the team?

That was my first thought, but I guess the decision is purely that of the DS. Even so he sounds pretty pissed off at the way he's been treated.
Really disappointed for him, makes a lot less sense than team sky over wiggo. I suppose Tala sky is an outside bet for GC but realistically it will be all about getting guys in breaks, and Millar is as good as that as anyone
 Enty 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Cycling is rapidly becoming the new football with this lack of passion and win at all costs mentality.

E
 kevin stephens 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

doesn't sound much like the England football team to me...
 Enty 30 Jun 2014
In reply to kevin stephens:

I never mentioned the England football team.

Think - Man City = Sky.

E
 Chris the Tall 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Enty:

I can understand it with the likes of Sky, Saxo-tinkoff, Katusha, Astana - rich owners so the riders are there to win the race, not just be travelling billboards. You could argue that the end result is better from a sporting POV - after all no one was full of support for the way Nike interfered with the Brazil football team.

But garmin like to give the impression that they do things differently. And if trek can take Jens voight and the Shlecks, then they could take millar
In reply to John Rushby:

We do have another Brit we can cheer on -- Simon Yates has been given the nod by Orica Greenedge. I bet he's a good punt for getting in to the break on Stage 2 and an early lead in the KOM competition!
 Chris Harris 01 Jul 2014
In reply to John Rushby:

> He must be gutted not to go out on a high.

He went out on a high for two years before didn't he?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...