UKC

Places to stay Cortina?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beds74 30 Jun 2014
Hi folks

Off on a Dolomites trip on the 19th July for two weeks. Now I've been before, but a long time ago, and remembered we stayed in a hotel one night to get cleaned up and then a combination of mountain huts & bivvy for the rest of the trip.
This time we are wanting to stay somewhere....well better than a floor... as it's a mixed trip with the guys for the first week, and then the girlfriend for the second.
Question is anybody know of a hostel in or around Cortina that'll accommodate this? Doesn't have to be cheap, although possibly won't get this in Cortina I know, but reasonably priced?
I also remember staying at a newly built (or was back then) hostel about an hour or so away from Cortina, lovely wood building over a long expansion bridge. Massively big doors if I remember... But may prefer somewhere a little nearer.
Any ideas welcomed.
Thanks.
 blackcat 02 Jul 2014
In reply to beds74:Have you looked into the surrounding areas campsites,they have all the amenities.There is one just south of cortina with chalet type accomodation.www.campeggiodolomiti/cortina.

dgbryan 11 Jul 2014
Not perhaps quite what you asked, but we have been staying up the road in Pocol at the Hotel Villa Argentina the last couple of years.
Out of town & so relatively quiet, well-located for the Falzarego / Passo Giau areas. You do pretty much need a car though.
They seem to have a fairly steady clientele of bikers. bicyclists & elderly couples.
Damian

d_b 20 Jul 2014
In reply to beds74:

When I was on my honeymoon we stayed in an apartment in Pecol, just a few mins walk from the centre of Cortina. It was v comfy, and not too expensive.

http://appartamentiacortina.com/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...