UKC

Edge of Darkness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 30 Jun 2014
The original 1985 series is being shown on BBC Four from tonight at 10pm. (Credit to rousse, who pointed it out in this thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=587500 )
 Ridge 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Martin W:

Mmmm Joanne Whalley....

My 19 year old self's fantasies aside, be interesting to see how it's aged after nearly 30 years. Worth it for Bob Peck's acting alone.
 Tom Valentine 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Ridge:

And Joe Don B
 MikeTS 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Martin W:

I watched recently from a CD. It is still outstanding.

The later American version is crap.
In reply to MikeTS:

I didn't see the original first time around, so bought it on DVD at a friend's reccommendation. Great stuff.

No desire to see the American debasing of it...
 Jon Read 01 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W:

Proper telly. Still powerful.
 halfwaythere 01 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W:

wonderfully understated; it stayed with me for years so I had to watch the re-make to try and figure out whether I had missed anything in the story from the original. Essntially the same and perhaps not so dramatic in the re-make; you feel as if they should've made a sequel, a prequel or something else...instead
 Dr.S at work 01 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W:

Really enjoyed that thanks!
 rousse 06 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W: Thanks Martin, I did mean to post a new thread about it, but got distracted by work.

Doubly enjoyable, firstly as a great drama, and secondly as a time-machine back to the mid-80's. I was at school when I last watched this, and it was so current. Damn I feel old!

sbc_10 06 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W:

Is the series in which the main character looks through his daughters belongings, pulls out a vibrator.... and then sniffs it!!
Untold embarassment for a teenage boy sat on the sofa in front of his parents.

Good series. Good theme music if I remember also.
 Blue Straggler 06 Jul 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

> Is the series in which the main character looks through his daughters belongings, pulls out a vibrator.... and then sniffs it!!

I have not seen it yet (to my everlasting shame) but yes I think that's the one.

He also plays a good Willie Nelson record...
 Blue Straggler 07 Jul 2014
In reply to Fredt:

Good stuff. I first heard this stuff via Carla Bozulich's splendid cover album in 2003 or so

Hopefully this link works.

https://myspace.com/carlabozulich/music/song/time-of-the-preacher-45259550-...

In reply to Martin W:

I'd love to see the original ending planned, where Bob Peck turns into a tree.
Removed User 07 Jul 2014
In reply to Martin W:

I had a tshirt printed with Jedburgh lives, perhaps I ought to get another.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...