UKC

The Fall and decline at Craig Arthur ***Loose rock***

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon_gill1 30 Jun 2014
A Warning for anyone planning to do this route, when I reached the optional belay stance the peg fell off in my hands! The rock is pretty loose on and around the ledge and there has been a huge amount of rock fall just over the overhang on the second pitch, its is a complete death trap. All the holds move in your hands and the whole thing looks like it set to collapse! We were lucky to escape alive and unhurt! Please take head.
 humptydumpty 30 Jun 2014
In reply to jon_gill1:

Thanks for the warning - pleased to accept head.
 MNA123 30 Jun 2014
In reply to humptydumpty:

> pleased to accept head.

Aren't we all

cwarby 30 Jun 2014
In reply to jon_gill1:

Yo Jon.

Considering you've done Loose Woman and I thought that was a bit like bicycling up a shale heap, this must be desperate. Happy to stick with High Tor trips!!
Chris
PS Darius will be a walk in the park now.
 Si Witcher 30 Jun 2014
In reply to jon_gill1:

thanks jon, sounds like the poised heap of rubble is defying gravity and is still there after 4 years since I had the same encounter!
OP jon_gill1 30 Jun 2014
In reply to cwarby:
Yes it wasn't the most pleasant experience of my climbing career! There must be tonnes of rock there waiting to come crashing off!Loose Women was like kinder garden compared to this pile of sh*t! Still I have the peg as a reminder and trophy for getting out alive! I had to carefully ab off to retrieve all gear!My partner stayed firmly wedged under the small roof at the base of the cliff!
OP jon_gill1 30 Jun 2014

No problem,hopefully people will read this before attempting it!
OP jon_gill1 30 Jun 2014
In reply to switch:

Yes there was a huge area of brown rock where the route used to be and the pile was the pillar to the right!
OP jon_gill1 30 Jun 2014

just twigged I wrote head not heed!i must be tired!
 humptydumpty 30 Jun 2014
In reply to jon_gill1:

Ho ho ho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...