UKC

Holly tree wall - diagram request please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 01 Jul 2014
Ive got a decent guide book for climbing in snowdonia however it doesnt have a diagram / photo of Holly Tree wall in Cwm Idwal.

Im rubbish at following written instruction and was wondering if anyone had a diagram / photo in their book that illustrates the routes e.g. Lazarus, that they wouldnt mind emailing me please?
 gethin_allen 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

wikitopo has some routes on holly tree wall
OP The Potato 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

brill id not heard of wikitopo - that confirms why I couldnt do Lazarus then, I was on the wrong route
 Offwidth 01 Jul 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

Wikitopo has lots of errors, beware!
In reply to ow arm:

ah ok, also noticed it hasnt got many routes on it either.

Still looking if anyone has a pictorial guide for the holly tree wall please
 MG 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:
No but you really don't need one. It starts at the obvious ledge in the huge groove at the right-hand end of the terrace. Up the groove a bit, left a bit and up again.
Post edited at 15:12
 Martin Hore 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

The Ground Up guide has a pretty good photo-topo

Martin
 GrahamUney 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

The latest Climbers' Club Ogwen guide has a brilliant topo for Holly Tree Wall and Continuation Wall.
In reply to ow arm:

Im sure the Ogwen climbers guide is very good, but ive already got two books for north wales and cant justify £22+postage for another one
 Offwidth 02 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

How do you think such topos get funded? If you wont buy the guides with the right information for the route you want climb why not try something else. As a local its hardly going to be a bad investment. If your strapped ask here or for someone willing to sell a second hand copy.
OP The Potato 02 Jul 2014
In reply to Fredt

super, thanks, ill have that handy pic next time im there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...