/ Holly tree wall - diagram request please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ow arm - on 01 Jul 2014
Ive got a decent guide book for climbing in snowdonia however it doesnt have a diagram / photo of Holly Tree wall in Cwm Idwal.

Im rubbish at following written instruction and was wondering if anyone had a diagram / photo in their book that illustrates the routes e.g. Lazarus, that they wouldnt mind emailing me please?
gethin_allen on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

wikitopo has some routes on holly tree wall
ow arm - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

brill id not heard of wikitopo - that confirms why I couldnt do Lazarus then, I was on the wrong route
Offwidth - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

Wikitopo has lots of errors, beware!
ow arm - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

ah ok, also noticed it hasnt got many routes on it either.

Still looking if anyone has a pictorial guide for the holly tree wall please
MG - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:
No but you really don't need one. It starts at the obvious ledge in the huge groove at the right-hand end of the terrace. Up the groove a bit, left a bit and up again.
Post edited at 15:12
Martin Hore - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

The Ground Up guide has a pretty good photo-topo

Martin
GrahamUney - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

The latest Climbers' Club Ogwen guide has a brilliant topo for Holly Tree Wall and Continuation Wall.
ow arm - on 01 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Im sure the Ogwen climbers guide is very good, but ive already got two books for north wales and cant justify 22+postage for another one
Offwidth - on 02 Jul 2014
In reply to ow arm:

How do you think such topos get funded? If you wont buy the guides with the right information for the route you want climb why not try something else. As a local its hardly going to be a bad investment. If your strapped ask here or for someone willing to sell a second hand copy.
Fredt on 02 Jul 2014
ads.ukclimbing.com
ow arm - on 02 Jul 2014
In reply to Fredt

super, thanks, ill have that handy pic next time im there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.