Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Qualifications to run a climbing wall with autobelays

Denni on 01 Jul 2014
Hi folks,
hope you are all well.

My daughter and I went to a local attraction in Portsmouth where they have a permanently fixed climbing tower with 4 autobelay routes on it. (no idea of the manufacturer of any of the kit)

Now, it was fine, daughter enjoyed herself and while she was climbing, I asked the young lass what courses etc she had done to do the job and if she liked it. ( I assumed she liked climbing but she didn't).

Anyway, she had had a day of teaching whch included how to put on the adult and kids harnesses and where to clip in the autobelay carabiner on said harness.

Now, I have no idea if you need a qualification to run an autobelay, what training it involves, what other information you should be aware of, max weight, etc etc so I'm not casting any dispersions on anyone but just curious if you do indeed need to do anything qualification wise to be able to supervise on one.

Anyone any ideas?
Cheers, Den
... not showing 37 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums