UKC

Rambo: First Blood

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 02 Jul 2014
Watching it now. A classic.

Surely an anti-republican movie! He's definitely an outside v right wing authoritarianism.
 Blue Straggler 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Which film are you watching?

First Blood (which never included "Rambo" in the the title unless there has been some dubious DVD box set retitling like they did with "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark")?

Or Rambo: First Blood Part 2 ? :-/
 Padraig 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> First Blood (which never included "Rambo" in the the title

I'll let Flint off here..as his name in the film is John Rambo. Jeeez!
Removed User 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Either way the crying scene is a true tour de force and paved the way for Stallone's many sensitive and empathetic acting roles that have brought us all the way to The Expendables II.
 Blue Straggler 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Padraig:

John: First Blood ?
chalky.hands 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

As time goes on I find more and more people incredulous that a quality "Rambo" film exists, despite often not having seen any. Did anyone see the recent re-boot? I skipped it at the time out of prejudice but never found out how good/bad it was.
 doz generale 03 Jul 2014
In reply to chalky.hands:

The recent rambo was rubbish but the original first blood is a masterpeice.
OP Flinticus 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

John V small town sheriff.
In reply to doz generale:

> The recent rambo was rubbish but the original first blood is a masterpeice.

Agreed
 ThunderCat 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

"A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke"
 Dauphin 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Agreed. Interesting film indeed.

D
 Thrudge 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Removed User:

> the crying scene is a true tour de force

I've seen that critiqued as a gay scene. I didn't believe it so I watched it again with that in mind - and it was a surprisingly plausible reading.

wilkie14c 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

It got a bit silly in Rambo 3 especially with the closing screen credit - "This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan"
 Phil79 03 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

Rambo 3 was on TV the other night, and I had the misfortune of watching some of it. Christ knows who/why they thought that was a good idea. Although I bet the republicans loved it for the anti-Soviet propaganda value when it was realised, despite it being utter shite.

Have to agree the first one is pretty good.
 Big Steve 03 Jul 2014
In reply to doz generale: I liked the last one, the body count in the final battle was incredible. I though the ending was not bad either, a good way to end the series. But........

I read somewhere online this week that another film is planned

Gavin 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Big Steve:

Has anyone read David Morrell's book that the film was based upon? Quite a lot of additional background about the sheriff and a different ending...

spoiler alert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel) spoiler alert

Gavin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...