ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sport Climbing Ethics

Climbing last night at a recently developed and opened "super-slab" venue. http://on.fb.me/1lBHCok We did one of the classic with lots of friction padding and micro crimping. I nearly got it on my first go, but popped off one hold and lost balance. Carried on after that and got to the top but found the run out to anchor terrifying. You must be three or four metres above the last bolt, and there is the only thing approaching a foot ledge on the route between you and the last bolt. so I had visions of not just slithering down the slab for 8 metres but catching my feet on the ledge and being pitched forward. When my friend was having his go, I got him to put a 60 cm sling on the top anchor and quickdraw on that, when I went back up on my first 'redpoint' effort, this considerably tamed the top run out and made the final clipping of the anchors mentally much easier.

If extending the slings on bolts acceptable, is ok to put a sling on the top anchor? I still did the moves to the last holds and clipped the anchor, I just wasn't as terrified doing it!
... not showing 43 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums