UKC

Aussie in Cham sans partner all July

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikebee 03 Jul 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in Singapore airport en route to Geneva. I should be landing at 1.45pm on the 4th and in Chamonix by 5pm, depending on customs and buses etc.

At this point I'm planning to stay at Camping Mer de Glace but I'm happy to take advice on that.

I climb quite a bit of multi pitch trad (Arapiles is only 4hrs from my house), have done a few weeks in the New Zealand alps (up to NZ2+), and have spent several weeks in Canada on water ice (only led up to WI3+, but followed polar circus).
I'm not sure what grades I'll be looking for (sounds like AD is probably a fair start point, but maybe should try a PD first?
I'm keen to climb a lot. My fiancé arrives at the end of July, so this will be some of my last real play time in this life!

If you're in he area and want to catch up for a climb (rock or mountain) or drink beer to sound me out as to if I'm worth climbing with, drop me a line here and we'll tee something up!
lorback 15 Jul 2014
Fellow aussie here, also background of trad in Araps, ice in Candada and alpine in NZ. Thinking of heading down to Chamonix next week, will you still be around? Let me know if you are still looking for a partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...