UKC

Wharncliffe graffiti

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lukem6 03 Jul 2014
Between Great buttress and black slab there is a load of crap graffiti that has appeared.

Its usual crap tagging nothing "arty" is there any way of cleaning it without ruining the rock/ enviroment... and whats the best way of hunting down the peeps and doing something to make help them think about thier actions.
 The Pylon King 03 Jul 2014
In reply to Lukem6:

What if it was Banksy?
 Simon Caldwell 04 Jul 2014
In reply to Lukem6:

Beat me to it!

I emailed the BMC on Wednesday, doubt there's much that they can do but they'll probably no the right people to contact. No reply yet, they're probably out climbing
 Simon Caldwell 04 Jul 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

> What if it was Banksy?

The rocks in question would be on their way to the USA by now
Removed User 04 Jul 2014
In reply to Lukem6:

We were successful in getting Kirklees council to steam clean off paint (that they themselves had used to paint over prior graffiti) at Holmfirth Edge.

However given the general state of Stocksbridge I don't know how much mileage you will get out of their council...

adi bryant 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks. If a steam cleaner will take it off I'm going to try and source one as I've got already got a generator. It does look terrible - mindless scrawled tags. I'm absolutely gutted and just want it off regardless of whether they are ever caught. Anybody know owt about steam cleaners:?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...