UKC

Any vets on here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My 2 year old GSP has started weeing in the house. He first did it at a friends house about 4 weeks ago and we wrote it off as excited and out of sorts in a strange location. Then he did it at home a few days later on his bed. The strange thing was that the back door was open and he had been outside only 10 minutes beforehand. I had also noticed (but had not linked at this point) that he had started weeing like a bitch on my lawn and no longer cocking his leg against the tree, resulting in lots of burnt patches of grass. So we took him to the vets . They examined him and took a urine sample and put him on some tablets for a bladder/urine style infection (unspecified). Course has been taken, we thought he was better as he was back to cocking leg against tree, but now he has done it twice again indoors in a couple of days.

We called the vet who told us that the second sample we had taken in was fine, but to bring him back in, which we will.

Does this sound behavioural rather than ilness induced? Nothing has changed at home to freak him out at all so we are struggling to wonder what would have triggered it. If we do take him to the vets, what's their next course of action now the urine samples have been clear?

Anyone else had this problem with their dog before?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...