UKC

posh indian restaurant birmingham vs glasgow ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 04 Jul 2014
my favorite restaurant in the UK is mother india in glasgow, surely there must be something similar in the home of the balti ? wife off to see some williams chappy that i believe is quite popular, vip passes + posh hotel on her sister, i said she should pay for posh curry.
 Siward 05 Jul 2014
In reply to mike123:

Try Suriya, TripAdvisor's top Indian in Brum?

B449SA
Tim Chappell 05 Jul 2014
In reply to mike123:
Dunno about Brum, but my favourite curry house in Glasgow has to be the Asmaan on Bath St. They are now part of my coming-home-from-MK ritual--I fail to change at Carlisle and stay on till Glasgow Central, I shog across to GQS and discover there's half an hour before the next Aberdeen train, I schlep up to Bath St--2 minutes--and get Tarka Dhal and Garlic Rice for a ludicrously reasonable £7.45. They know I need it quickly because I have a connection to make, and they pop it out in 10 minutes. Then this is my supper on the train. And it guarantees me a carriage to myself
Post edited at 16:08
 malky_c 05 Jul 2014
In reply to mike123:

Not quite Brum, but the Bilash in Wolverhampton is pretty good:
www.thebilash.co.uk
In reply to mike123:
I had my first genuine curry about 30 yrs ago at a place called Saleem's in Sparkbrook Brum. It was a cafe where the local Asian population went but was also popular with students because of its value for money. I just looked it up and it is still there and gets good reviews it seems. I would be interested to know if it really is still as good as I recall. Perhaps you could check it out.
I also wonder if there is scope for a new Forum on UKC - Climbing Caffs! Apologies to JMc.
Just checked some of the reviews and one has the announcement that it will close later this year - better get there quick.
Post edited at 20:24
 Lurking Dave 07 Jul 2014
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Ahhh Saleems in the mid 90' as a student after the Dome (nightclub), 1 pound per pint followed by a balti and naan. Class.

Cheers
LD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...