UKC

MWIS Site Down?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkesley 05 Jul 2014
There was a thread about this recently. However, the Mountain Weather Information site has been completely unreachable for me over the last two days. Anyone else got the problem?

Site: http://www.mwis.org.uk/
 HB1 05 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley: No problem for me this morning

OP wilkesley 05 Jul 2014
In reply to HB1:

Thanks. Just tried using my phone and it's fine. Must be a problem with my local network, although all other sites are OK.
 Andy Nisbet 05 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

The website has just been updated. If you were trying to go direct to a page beyond the home page then it might not work the first time. Start from scratch and it should be OK.
In reply to wilkesley:

Yes - we have an ongoing problem with this. It turns out that our server (at Demon) is blocking it for some reason. Our IT folk tried to get Demon to change it but did not know my mother's maiden name so got nowhere. Hopefully we'll get it fixed on Monday.
 Webster 07 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

It seems to work but the new design is seriously flawed, the text doesnt show up on the photo background which currently appears for west highlands (i dont know if the photo is different for other ares?). i dont know if this is just a temproary glitch or an oversight by an over eager web designer?
 Mark Bull 07 Jul 2014
In reply to Webster:

This may well be a browser-specific problem: I suggest you fill out their feedback form and tell them which browser (and version no.) you are having problems with. Works OK for me under IE and Firefox.

In any case, you can now directly download the PDF versions from the front page, which is an improvement!
 climbwhenready 07 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

There used to be a little map showing the areas the forecasts covered. Is that anywhere on the new site? It was useful for quickly remembering which scottish one you want
 danm 07 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

It works perfectly for me, using Chrome.
OP wilkesley 08 Jul 2014
In reply to danm:

Thanks. Now working OK for me. Must have been some sort of temporary networking problem. I have now updated my direct bookmark to the Snowdonia page, as this is the area I use most.
 Wingnut 08 Jul 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

Is anyone else getting the avalanche forecasts page with some blue and grey text on a background photo that's mostly, er, blue and grey?

(And yes, I know that avalanche forecasts aren't hugely relevent in the UK in July! Was just being nosy ...)
 Mark Bull 08 Jul 2014
In reply to Wingnut:

> Is anyone else getting the avalanche forecasts page with some blue and grey text on a background photo that's mostly, er, blue and grey?

Looks OK to me.

In reply to wilkesley:

We have discovered that Demon had not got round to pointing users to the new website (at least I think that is what was happening) so that we kept getting shown the old site which no longer worked. It's all OK now.
 Mark Bull 08 Jul 2014
In reply to climbwhenready:

> There used to be a little map showing the areas the forecasts covered. Is that anywhere on the new site? It was useful for quickly remembering which scottish one you want

Seems to have gone. I've asked them on their feedback form to put it back!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...