UKC

camping for Fontainbleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nigel06 06 Jul 2014
can you recommend a campsite for a trip to Font this September please
 deacondeacon 06 Jul 2014
In reply to nigel06:

Grez sur long tends to come out top on these type of threads.
If it's not a camping holiday per-se and you're going mainly for the climbing then I'd definitely consider a formula one. If there's three of you it'll be a similar price to camping and when you've been climbing three days on, you're body will appreciate a real bed. If there's a big group of you get a gite.

If you've got kids or want a proper camping holiday ignore me
 BoulderBus 06 Jul 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

if you want to walk to the climbing from the campsite then la musardiere is the only campsite to go for....
 deacondeacon 07 Jul 2014
In reply to BoulderBus:

Well yes, if you don't mind paying for an expensive campsite and sharing it with bongo playing, poi spinning, slacklining crustys.
Whatever floats your boat though
 Carolyn 07 Jul 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

LOL, and with Formula 1 you could be sharing with a coach load of drunk teenagers on a school trip. I'll take La Musardiere, thanks! Plenty of slack lines, but I've never come across bongos or poi. The odd set of juggling balls or a diablo, maybe.

I'm unconvinced it's wildly expensive, either - certainly for a family it works out about £20/25 a night for everyone, which is the same as all but the most basic UK sites (and considerably cheaper than the NT!). And it has good swimming pools.

In reply to the OP:

It's near Milly la Foret, BTW, and walkable to a lot of the bouldering in Trois Pignions.
 greg_may_ 07 Jul 2014
In reply to Carolyn:

I'll give anther vote for La Musardiere.
Not sure if it still has the bread van (old post van) with the LOUDEST horn in the world. Nice bread though.
 RR 14 Jul 2014
In reply to nigel06:

Brits stop using Magnesium in Bleau

http://bleau.info/cleanup/magnesium.html

haworthjim 14 Jul 2014
In reply to nigel06: alway gone here http://www.les-courtilles-du-lido.fr great for families

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...