UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 06 Jul 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (26) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=591163

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

WILLS - same weight as last week.
AndrewW - 2lbs down.
Fatclimber - off on sabatical.
Dick, Still a Fat B - 2lbs down.

Chaps - it's looking like Fat club has run its course. I don't think that there is enough participants to make it worth while continuing.
If anyone wants it to continue then please feel free to take up the batton.
 Sleepy_trucker 07 Jul 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Sorry to hear that Andrew but I must admit I was thinking the same, apologies for my absence last week, I had a big push to get the car finished (and succeeded).

Erm, I haven't weighed myself this week but expect to be up a pound or so.

Still, the fat club helped me to lose 3-5lbs in a fairly short time (if this really is the end of it) and I'm very grateful for all the support. Special thanks to you Andrew though for keeping it up and running most weeks.
In reply to AndrewW:

Thank you, this has been a great help
your time has been very much appreciated

Cheers
Richard

In reply to AndrewW:

Thanks for keeping this running for so long. It's been helpful. I've had a bit of a hiatus myself - on a long holiday eating, drinking and climbing my heart out - maybe climbing might outweigh the rest!

Anyway, thanks again - and good luck everyone. Except, fatclimber, who I shall continue to annoy in person.
 Fatclimber 17 Jul 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Thanks Andrew. It certainly helped, then I got lazy. About to get serious again. Hopefully practicallypixie can keep me on the straight and narrow.
Andy Gamisou 17 Jul 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

> on a long holiday eating, drinking and climbing my heart out

Sounds excellent! Where did you go?

In reply to AndrewW:

Cornwall - nearish to Land's End....climbed at Bosigran and Sennen. The climbing is spectacular. Granite is my new favourite rock type. Also managed to lose a pound!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...