UKC

Camping options around Kanderstag/Ueschenen, Switzerland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colin8ll 07 Jul 2014
Hi all,

I'm heading off with two friends in a couple of weeks time to climb near Kanderstag, primarily aiming for Ueschenen. Does anyone know what accommodation options are available to us? I.e.
is wild camping allowed? And if so is camping at the base of the crag feasible? Can anyone recommend a good campsite in Kanderstag (I've come across the Scout centre but if anyone has any opinions on it or other suggestions I would be grateful to hear them).

Finally any tips about climbing in this area, or any other suggestions you think might be useful would be great to hear.

Cheers,
Colin
OP colin8ll 08 Jul 2014
In reply to colin8ll:

Also if anyone has done the Via Ferrata I would love to hear your thoughts on whether it is worth it or whether we should just stick to the climbing.

Cheers,
Colin
 SiWood 08 Jul 2014
In reply to colin8ll:

Via Ferrata is definitely worth doing in my opinion - I have done it a couple of times and really enjoyed. It takes about 2 hours and you can get the lift back down.

There is a campsite near the other lift in town. Havent stayed there so cant say if its good or bad. Not sure if wild camping is feasible below Ueschenen as I cant remember any partilularly flat bits below the crag.the routes are good though - would recommend Grauwand
OP colin8ll 08 Jul 2014
In reply to SiWood:

Thanks for the reply. I'll add Grauwand to the list although we'll go at the easier routes first!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...