UKC

epubs to Nexus 7 not via the Cloud

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 08 Jul 2014
I've got a number of epub files that I'd like to transfer to my Nexus 7 (2013)

It appears the only 2 ways are to email them to myself then upload them to the Google play cloud from the emails OR use a desktop to upload them to the play cloud then download them from the play cloud to my nexus 7.

Both the above scenarios require me to upload to cloud storage which I don't want to do. I want to attach my Nexus to a computer and then transfer them keeping the files local.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do it? Not attached to Google Play books so another app is fine if thats what it takes.
 Luke90 08 Jul 2014
In reply to Indy:

I thought the Nexus 7 will mount a section of its storage as a removable drive if you plug it into your computer via USB. If you put the files in a folder that you recognise (eg. Downloads), it should be possible to then open them in an app of your choosing.

Why are you so keen to avoid the cloud?
Have you tried plugging in via USB?
What app are you wanting to use to read the files? If it's a Google app, it may only be designed to work with the cloud system, which is generally going to be the easiest method for people to use.
5tormin' 08 Jul 2014
In reply to Indy:
Transfer them into your library:-http://calibre-ebook.com then download them to your nexus.
No clouds here.
Post edited at 22:32

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...