UKC

Best route through Glasgow...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flatus Vetus 09 Jul 2014
What's the best road route through Glasgow when travelling south-north or north-south? I'm looking for the best route from Liverpool to Glencoe.
 jonny taylor 09 Jul 2014
In reply to Flatus Vetus:

Just take M74 - M8 and over the Erskine Bridge, don't be drawn off onto the M73 and you'll be fine.
 JLS 09 Jul 2014
Stay on the M74 until it's end, join M8 and continue on until you turn off to cross the Erskine bridge.

Watch out for roads works on A82 Loch Lomond side. Generally short delays however you need to be sure to beat the overnight road closures else go via Stirling/Callander.
Post edited at 22:11
 abr1966 09 Jul 2014

I always stick on the motorway and over Erskine bridge....always quickest and easiest...
 Skol 09 Jul 2014
When you say best, do you mean the quickest or most aesthetic ? I liked the old route on the M8. You get to see a metal horse, and some tenements. Then I used to pick up the A82 through Dumbarton which is a bit of a ball ache, but some of the old buildings that you pass are nice. The new route as described above is quicker, but dreary.

As others have said, the M74, M8, Erskine Bridge, A82 is usually quickest.

But I often go M73, M80, A84, as it's not much slower and there are more spots to overtake, so it can be a less frustrating drive. The side of Loch Lomond is very pretty, but a bugger if you get stuck behind something slow.
mgco3 10 Jul 2014

There are horrendous road works at pulpit rock alongside Loch Lomond at the moment.

Unless you hit the Road works VERY early then the alternate route via Callendar to Chrianlarich is quicker .

Really depends on the day and time.
 Jim Fraser 10 Jul 2014

Prefer A1/M90.

Flinticus 11 Jul 2014
In reply to JLS:

Update from Traffic Scotland:

No overnight road closures required in July

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/project/a82-pulpit-rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...