UKC

NEWS: Emma Twyford Flashes Yukan II, E6/7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Jul 2014
Emma Twyford climbing Yukan II, E6/7 6b, Nesscliffe, 4 kbEmma Twyford recently headed over to Nesscliffe in Shropshire with a strong team from North Wales consisting of Pete Robins, James McHaffie, Alex Mason & Ollie Cain.

Whilst there she made an impressive flashed ascent of Yukan II, E6/7 6b...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69032
 Wft 10 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

excellent
 TobyA 10 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

"techers"? I'm officially not down with the yoof.

Well done Emma. For the many people who haven't been to Nesscliffe it worth noting how hugely impressive and intimidating that bit of the quarry is. Yukan II seems quite popular these days so I guess it has enough protection to not be deathly, but even still there is something intimidating about any Nesscliffe route and what an amazing line this particular one is!
 Wft 10 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Techers/Tekkers/technokakakakaka;

Enjoyably technical sequence, or the application of technique on a route such as the new fangled 'heel hook'

1poundSOCKS 10 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I still don't know what 'smashed it' means.
 Wft 10 Jul 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

smashed it;

to have climbed something in such a devastatingly confident way that the route had little to no chance. Seems to be replacing the term 'storm' i.e. "they stormed the remaining pitches to the summit"
 TobyA 10 Jul 2014
In reply to GuyVG:

Cheers Guy - I had guessed as much. I reckon we always called it "techy". Techers sounds amusingly posh-boy; like the way public school types will add "-ers" onto the first syllable of any surname to make a nickname.

Anyway, if anyone sees the line they can see why it's super-techers!
 1poundSOCKS 10 Jul 2014
In reply to GuyVG:

I had kind of pieced it together from conversations overheard down The Depot. Not confident enough yet to use it in anger.
 Wft 10 Jul 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

yes, it's best to practise at home in the mirror first
 Will Hunt 10 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

As any fool knows, it's spelt Tekkers and pronounced ZEEEEEEEE-wubwubwubwub-BOOM-TISH.
 1poundSOCKS 10 Jul 2014
In reply to GuyVG:

Are you talking to me?
 Adam_42 10 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Tried this on top rope as my mate was attempting to headpoint it and it's bloody hard!
 Brendan 11 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah - Tiffer showed great tekkers on the cliff, huzzah!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...