UKC

Innov8 sizing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 10 Jul 2014

I'm looking to buy some Innov8 talon 212s online. My approach shoe/trainer size varies between 9.5-10 (EU 44-44.5) so wondering whether to go for the larger or smaller size.

Any views on how Innov8 sizes are e.g.compared to Scarpa?
Post edited at 10:22
 tony 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Can't make a useful comparison between Innov8 and Scarpa, but within Innov8 there are considerable differences, particularly in the width. The Talon 212s seemed very narrow when I tried them. To be honest, if you haven't tried them on for real, I wouldn't be buying them online.
 shantaram 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Agree with Tony. The width and fitting of Innov8 varies with each model. I run in Innov8, but when trying on various models sof Innov8 Some fit me perfectly and others felt way to narrow. Definitely try before you buy.
 steveriley 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

8 in most things, with wide feet and 8 in X-Talons. Width ok with a whisker of spare in front of the toes. Could possibly go for a 7.5 if I had narrower feet. Hope that helps a bit.
 ablackett 10 Jul 2014
In reply to tony:

The Inov-8's have 2 different widths for their fell shoes, the lighter racier ones are narrow and the heavier trail shoe type ones are wider. They don't mention anywhere that I have found which are which though, not very helpful!
 tony 10 Jul 2014
In reply to ablackett:

> The Inov-8's have 2 different widths for their fell shoes, the lighter racier ones are narrow and the heavier trail shoe type ones are wider. They don't mention anywhere that I have found which are which though, not very helpful!

If only it were just two different widths! The three pairs of Innov8s I have all have different widths, and they're all different to the Talons, which were by far the narrowest. To compound the difficulty, the widths even change in the same model from year to year - a pair of Roclite 295s I bought lats year were considerably narrower than the pair I bought the previous year.
 Carolyn 10 Jul 2014
In reply to SteveRi:

I'd agree - the ones I've had are slightly generous on length. Only to the extent that I can get away with a 6.5 or 7 - and am usually a 7 - and my husband finds a 7.5 too big, and he'd often choose that over a 7 in other brands - but then, that's king of what was being asked.

Haven't tried the Talon 212s, though, so may not extrapolate.
 The New NickB 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

I have the X-talon 212 and 190, they are the same size as my street shoes and the average of my other running shoes. They are quite narrow, particularly the 190s.
 NMN 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

My approach shoe/trainer size is 8.
I have mudclaw 300's and trailroc 255's both well fitting in 7.5.
OP Postmanpat 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Thanks all. I have narrowish feet so a 44 might work but sounds like I should try them on first. Trouble is that means a trip to London….
In reply to Postmanpat:

Would agree that it's down to the type of inov-8 shoe...

I wear the mudclaw 300 true to size (ie street size, not trainer size)

My climbing partner has several of the more minamalist trailroc models and wears his trainer/approach shoe size (9.5 compared to street 9)

I'd say the talons would be a snug street size so depends how much space you like in your toebox and what you're using them for. Best to try!
 Simon Caldwell 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

My normal shoe/boot size is 8.5, occassionally 9, but I wear size 8s in all my Inov8s (Mudclaws and XTalons).

Many people find that Inov8s make a mess of their feet, so if they don't suit your foot shape then you're likely to suffer. So I'll add to the general recommendation to try them on first.
 Banned User 77 10 Jul 2014
In reply to tony:

agree with Tony, they vary a lot.. I find some horrible yet love the mud claw 300's. I wouldn't buy online..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...