UKC

Sponsored Climb in aid of CAC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ptrickey 10 Jul 2014
Dear UKC followers,

A friend and climbing partner of mine died suddenly of cancer recently. On 27/7/14 I will do a sponsored climb in aid of CAC on the island of Ynys Lochtyn. I hope to raise pledges for the number of climbs I do, or for the day or even pledges if I get cut-off by the tide and spend the night there. As you probably don't know me personally, please go direct to CAC website and donate. You can follow me on twitter @LockedInMadness or email me for more details.

Pete
abseil 10 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Polite request, can you explain what CAC is [and maybe not put unknown acronyms in requesting posts]?
 JoshOvki 10 Jul 2014
In reply to abseil:

http://www.climbersagainstcancer.org/

I thought it was now a well known climbing term!
abseil 10 Jul 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:

Not to me! Thanks for your reply and for the link.
OP ptrickey 10 Jul 2014
In reply to abseil:

Apologies for the acronym, but now you know please support Climbers Against Cancer! Donate or buy one of their awesome t-shirts! Pete
August West 11 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

I've just ordered a T-shirt as a direct result of your thread.

Good luck with the climbing, and if you get cut off by the tide I'll make a donation. Let us know how you get on.
OP ptrickey 11 Jul 2014
In reply to August West:

Excellent, thanks for your support and encouragement August! I'll keep this thread updated with news, as well as on the twitter feed @LockedInMadness
OP ptrickey 12 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Three more pledges for donations if I get cut-off and have to spend the night on the island... looking more likely!
OP ptrickey 13 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Using social media for good? I don't quite get twitter as I've picked a mostly random group of followers to @lockedin.madness
They don't know me and don't appear to have read what my twitter account is about!
OP ptrickey 14 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Thanks to work colleague Kristian for donating direct to CAC today, and to Dave for pledging £1 per route (or £2 if he did the FA!).
In reply to ptrickey:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Have you contacted John Ellison, founder of CAC.

Thanks for supporting CAC - I am a trustee.
OP ptrickey 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thanks for your condolences. I've contacted John and have got some great pledges for the climb so far! Pete
OP ptrickey 26 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Cash pledges worth £310 so far and pledges worth a minimum £2.50 per route. Last chance to pledge in aid of CAC before the climb tomorrow! Pete
OP ptrickey 27 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Thnaks to everyone who pledged, donated direct, or bought one of CAC's excellent t-shirts for Locked-In Madness! It was a great day on Ynys Lochtyn, Mid-Wales' premier crag (dare I say as good as Pembroke?). I'm home now enjoying a glass of wine, and will tot-up the pledges tomorrow! I climbed 26 routes today, all solo unless otherwise stated:
Lochtyn Syndrome - 2nd
Dawnsio Ar Y Dibyn
Born of a Broken Man
About Time
Full Time
The Last Time
Come in our Time is Up
Time on My Hands
Time of Your Life - lead
Out of Time - 2nd
Sygl 'N' Crosbons
Cae Melyn
Disruptive Elements
Spirit in Motion
High Finances
Room at the Bottom
Cwyn y Gwynt
Un-named new route
Into the Deep
Call of the Concrete Puffins
Crab
When You've Got to Go
You. Me and JD
The Test
Saudade
Dolphin
OP ptrickey 27 Jul 2014
In reply to August West:

Hi August,
I didn't get cut-off by the tide unfortunately for CAC, but am a little pleased for myself as a thunder storm has rolled into the Mid-Wales coast and I'm at home with a bottle of wine supplied by my boss as a reward!
Pete
OP ptrickey 29 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

The grand total raised is £444, and a big thanks goes out to everyone who've shown their support of CAC!
August West 07 Aug 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Good effort.

I was just thinking of this thread today and wondering how you got on.

Despite not getting cut off by the tide I will make a donation to CAC for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...