ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Topic - Sponsored Climb in aid of CAC

ptrickey - on 10 Jul 2014
Dear UKC followers,

A friend and climbing partner of mine died suddenly of cancer recently. On 27/7/14 I will do a sponsored climb in aid of CAC on the island of Ynys Lochtyn. I hope to raise pledges for the number of climbs I do, or for the day or even pledges if I get cut-off by the tide and spend the night there. As you probably don't know me personally, please go direct to CAC website and donate. You can follow me on twitter @LockedInMadness or email me for more details.

Pete
abseil on 10 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Polite request, can you explain what CAC is [and maybe not put unknown acronyms in requesting posts]?
JoshOvki on 10 Jul 2014
In reply to abseil:

http://www.climbersagainstcancer.org/

I thought it was now a well known climbing term! :)
abseil on 10 Jul 2014
In reply to JoshOvki:

Not to me! Thanks for your reply and for the link.
ptrickey - on 10 Jul 2014
In reply to abseil:

Apologies for the acronym, but now you know please support Climbers Against Cancer! Donate or buy one of their awesome t-shirts! Pete
Mr Lopez - on 10 Jul 2014
August West on 11 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

I've just ordered a T-shirt as a direct result of your thread.

Good luck with the climbing, and if you get cut off by the tide I'll make a donation. Let us know how you get on.
ptrickey - on 11 Jul 2014
In reply to August West:

Excellent, thanks for your support and encouragement August! I'll keep this thread updated with news, as well as on the twitter feed @LockedInMadness
ptrickey - on 12 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Three more pledges for donations if I get cut-off and have to spend the night on the island... looking more likely!
ptrickey - on 13 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Using social media for good? I don't quite get twitter as I've picked a mostly random group of followers to @lockedin.madness
They don't know me and don't appear to have read what my twitter account is about!
ptrickey - on 14 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Thanks to work colleague Kristian for donating direct to CAC today, and to Dave for pledging 1 per route (or 2 if he did the FA!).
Graeme Alderson on 14 Jul 2014
In reply to ptrickey:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Have you contacted John Ellison, founder of CAC.

Thanks for supporting CAC - I am a trustee.
ads.ukclimbing.com
ptrickey - on 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thanks for your condolences. I've contacted John and have got some great pledges for the climb so far! Pete

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My Forums