UKC

opening a new indoor wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 allend 10 Jul 2014
Hi,

I'm opening a new indoor wall so where best to advertise it to get it known?
The BMC will include it in their database of indoor walls, but any suggestions would be welcome!

facebook, ads in climb / climber mags,

Where does everyone look to find a climbing wall?

Cheers
 GregCHF 10 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

Here is pretty good. Where are you opening the place? What kind of climbing do you offer? When does it open?
Removed User 10 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

You are advertising it right now. I'll try and help.

So. When is it opening? Where is it? What is it called?
Removed User 10 Jul 2014
In reply to GregCHF:

Great minds think alike.
 ti_pin_man 11 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

I am sure here will help and do an advertorial, they do with gear to help promote stuff. Do a news article with them or something similar. Personally I'm not sure climbing magazines/print is value for money but certainly face book/social media is useful. Climbers tend to know other climbers, so word will spread. I 'liked' two new walls nearish to me in case I get chance to go and see their updates. Good luck. Where are ya?
OP allend 11 Jul 2014
thanks guys,

it'll be the midlands, but it is still in the early stages. (I'm only just registering the company name with HMRC)

OP allend 11 Jul 2014
In reply to ti_pin_man:

yes, a full page ad is £1,500. classifieds are cheaper (and smaller) obviously...
Removed User 11 Jul 2014
In reply to ti_pin_man:

Personally I'm not sure climbing magazines/print is value for money but certainly face book/social media is useful.

I can defo vouch for print not being good value for money, when I started my business I advertised in the local (and nearby) press, it was costly, and I did not receive one single booking from it. I stuck with it for a while, but in the end saw it was not worth it.

Agreed, Facebook is very good, as is other social media.
 TonyB 11 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

I often travel with work and try and incorporate visiting climbing walls with these trips, I've been to some really great places this way. The only place I look for climbing walls is Google. I've heard there are some tricks to getting your site to appear high up in google, but I imagine that you want to be the number one hit when someone puts in your town/city and any of any keyword such as bouldering or climbing.
 climbwhenready 11 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

Here. Facebook. Google.
Wouldn't think most people would take any notice of print ads.

Also, you probably want to go for something seen by a) people who don't climb and b) wherever parents look for party ideas? All the walls I've been to, it seems that we go and enjoy climbing but they really keep in business with beginner courses and children's birthday parties.
 eltankos 11 Jul 2014
In reply to TonyB:

What TonyB said (the business term is Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short)
I'm sure a half decent web design firm will do it for you, although there are many hints and tips available online if you're doing it yourself.
Also an active facebook and twitter page would be a must have (pictures of the various stages of build and outfit would help get people excited and also perhaps some concept drawings)

Good luck
 origamib 11 Jul 2014
In reply to allend:

A website, and lots of content on the website. Things that will draw people to you such as blogs, videos, reviews and tutorials.

Although not directly related to bringing in customers to your wall it will certainly increase traffic to your website and 'free' advertising.... certainly much more powerful then printed ads.

This can all then be linked automatically through facebook/twitter etc...
 Ramblin dave 11 Jul 2014
In reply to eltankos:

> What TonyB said (the business term is Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short)

> I'm sure a half decent web design firm will do it for you, although there are many hints and tips available online if you're doing it yourself.

AFAICT, most of it is fairly common-sense stuff, like giving your pages sensible titles and making your site useful and interesting with plenty of relevant content. Particularly if your goal is to be number one hit for something specific like "Kettering climbing walls" rather than for "cheap jewellery online" or something...
 Neil Williams 11 Jul 2014
In reply to origamib:

But please, please, please put your address, phone number and opening times on the front page, and the prices and admission policies one link away from it. Far too many walls hide these away...

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...