UKC

Pink Granite boulders Northern France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Does anyone have any topos/info or know where I can get any? Thinking of passing through next week on the way South.

Thanks,

Tintin
 drolex 11 Jul 2014
In reply to Just Tintin:

Are you talking about northern north (Nord-Pas-de-Calais or Picardie ?) or nothernish north like Brittany?

Plenty of the stuff in Brittany, this for example http://krimpadenn.fr/articles/categories-articles/cartedebretagne/23-plouma... ?

It's a bit far away from the roads to the south.

Elsewhere out of Brittany, not aware of anything, but maybe someone with more knowledge of the area will be able to help.
In reply to drolex:

Thanks - sorry I meant Brittany, and in fact, Ploumanach in particular. I'm sure I read an article about it somewhere recently too!
 drolex 11 Jul 2014
In reply to Just Tintin:

I can't find a lot about it except that http://escalade22.perso.neuf.fr/carte_ploumanach.html

I'll look around to see if it is mentioned in any of my books at home
In reply to drolex:

Thanks, that's really kind. There seems to be a general lack
 Toerag 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Just Tintin:

do a search for brittany in the forums, there's been various threads about this in the past.
In reply to Just Tintin:

Basically, off the ferry you can turn left towards Ploumanach, or right to Kerlouan. The bouldering on the Kerlouan side is better, and drolex has given you the best lead for info, but basically it's miles and miles of very open beach with thousands of granite boulders. Quality is a but variable, but you can just rock up anywhere and get a decent session in - they have a big bouldering festival here at the end of some summers (last time we were there was 2012 and they were getting ready). Mats useful, and if the weather's at all windy, just get on the autoroute and head south - it's no place to be on a grey day.

On the Ploumanach side, it's a lot more sheltered and there's more infrastructure in terms of shopping and food. The area around Tregastel has some stuff but again, just drifting around gives plenty to go at.

We generally stop off on the way down and up most years, but have never bothered with a topo.

Martin
 drolex 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Just Tintin:

Sorry couldn't find anything at home about this part of Brittany. Hopefully following maisie advice will be good enough!
In reply to maisie:

Thanks very much all - have a topo for Kerlouan now and will make it up in Ploumenach - it's great to have something to break the journey on the way.
Much appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...