UKC

Rodellar july 21st to august 5th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dsauerbrun 13 Jul 2014
Hey all,

I'm travelling around europe at the moment and planning on hitting up rodellar pretty soon. I know it's going to be hot but I'm itching to get some climbing done so I'll probably be doing evening sessions.

I basically wanted to know if anyone has been there during summer and if there are enough people to go climbing with since I don't have a partner. Also, how are the approaches and will I need a car/scooter to get around from crag to crag?

PS: if you're thinking about going there during that time hit me up. I've got a full rack on me but unfortunately since I haven't climbed in a month I'm probably stuck back at leading 6a/6a+ but am happy to belay and top rope anything you want.
 Eciton 14 Jul 2014
In reply to dsauerbrun:

Enough poeple in Rodellar in summer?! Summer is the prime time to go to Rodellar. You will have problems finding an available route! So I am sure you will find a partner there.

No need for car you just walk between 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the sector.

You only climb 6a/6a+?!!! Go somewhere else. Rodellar is probably one of the worst places in Spain to go if you only climb that hard. You have very little choice of routes and the ones you have are completely worn out... and there will be a big queue to try the route! In my opinion it is only worth it to go to Rodellar if you climb 7b or harder. But I have friends that disagree with me.

If considering other nearby places for summer, then try Cavallers. So much better, but you need a car to get to the dam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...