UKC

UK Climbing Roadtrip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackwd 14 Jul 2014
Where would you go? What would you do? Routes? Looking for some inspiration.
 jack_44 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd:

North Wales for some big mountain routes!

Though you could consider the North Yorkshire Moors if your up this way. Small, unspoilt crags all to yourself amongst fantastic scenery!
 Franco Cookson 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd:

Yeh, I think the best road trip would be to take a van to the North York Moors, unbolt the wheels and then throw them away. Just stay there for years. Definitely the best area in the UK.

Franco (about to walk out of the door into the Moors)
OP Jackwd 14 Jul 2014
In reply to jack_44:

The Moors do sound good and scary, but i'd like to get some sea cliff action as well.
 Ramblin dave 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd:
Duration / time of year / grade range?

But for my part it'd be the Highlands. Depending on the weather and midges, options would include going back to the North West (particularly if I'd h'ed tfu enough to do some of the proper stuff at Reiff or Sheigra), head out into the Cairngorms for a couple of days climbing from the Hutchie Hut, Applecross, Torridon, Lochaber, Skye - just too much to do, and generally too far away to do for a weekend from down here, so a particularly good use of an extended trip.
Post edited at 15:18
 whenry 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd: How long's your roadtrip for? Pembroke, Gower, Ogmore, Baggy Point, Blackchurch, West Penwith, Portland, Swanage would all fulfil your sea cliff yearnings.
OP Jackwd 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd:
Ive got a week at the start of August. S through to easy E2. I'm heading wherever the weather is best, but a nice swathe of ideas should give me plenty to go at. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Post edited at 17:12
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Jackwd:

Well if its a 'road trip' you need to load up your truck with a big box of guidebooks and follow the weather!

We have done (amongst others) Yorkshire Grit > Northumberland > Glen Coe > Skye > Lake District > Home

Staffordshire > Avon > Dartmoor > Torbay > Baggy Point > West Penwith > Dorset > Home.

Brilliant trips btw!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...